diy solar

diy solar

How can I get my gray matter and solar system working properly again

Denbo

Please bear with me I'm a little rusty at this.
2 PV arrays (East 3.24 kW West 3.28 kW), dual Growatt SPF 5000 ES paralleled, 15kWh FogStar LiFePO4 with loss of grid change/over contactor used as a loss of Inverter device to move to the grid.
The system is located under cover but outside the house an is designed with the mains feeding into a failsafe contactor (loss of grid drops out incoming contactor to prevent any back-feed), then to a distribution unit that has the 2 inverters as default with 32Ampere 3pole breakers feeding them along with a 100Ampere bypass to the consumer unit, (changeover also has 2 off 32Ampere from inverters feeding consumer unit). I am not keen on sending energy down the incoming supply for a pittance so I store it.
The problem is.
I am using Solar Assistant to monitor my system as the Growatt-supplied monitoring keeps failing at my location.
I would like to charge up my batteries when the Octopus Energies Agile tariffs are low but I am having difficulty setting up the Inverters to work in (SbU) configuration in conjunction with the charging at low-cost times.
It seems to only want to charge when section 1 in LCD Settings (page 15) is set to SUb and not SbU.
It is also not able to set timings for forced charging to any timing of less than 1-hour minimum and those as a single action and cannot be programmed for multiple operation.
Is anyone aware of a method to easily configure charging during low tariff times and for a minimum of 0:30 periods that can be undertaken whilst I am sitting at my PC in my office via solar assistant, and is there a preferred LCD setting that will allow what I want to do? Growatt's support is less than forthcoming with assistance.

Sorry for the diatribe but my head is starting to hurt from constant contact with hard surfaces at reasonable velocities.

Denbo

Maybe not the easy configuration you're looking for... and I'm not familiar with the Growatt inverter (I have Solis), but wondering whether the Growatt supports any ModBus over RS485 commands to request it to charge from grid?

If not, then a MITM solution of either the Battery<->Inverter comms or the GridMeter<->Inverter comms links could be used to trick the Growatt to start charging programmatically, if you have the skills to deploy something like that.

Back