diy solar

diy solar

How is it Plug and Play Solar with a 220V output inverter?

Rowbear

We already have a grid tied system form Tesla working fine. Being an old Bell system geek I want to play some more. In my search for systems & knowledge I viewed this plug & play system: https://pluggedsolar.com/products/p...all-expand-to-680watts?variant=42410040459514.
Looking at the components, the inverter looks exactly like a NEP BDM 600 Micro Inverter which is a 220V output. There no stepdown transformer listed in the P&P system so what am I missing? How does that plug into a 110 outlet?
Thank you for any clues.

The ad explicitly states 110V output multiple times. Only the single picture shows an NEP inverter.

NEP appears to make 120V inverters:

Personally, if you're just going to futz about with it, I'd go with something cheaper like these 1000W grid-tie inverters:

I have a different brand, but it looks identical.

This guy ran a couple of the brand I have:

I own a couple of 120v NEP inverters. I think Signature Solar used to sell
We already have a grid tied system form Tesla working fine. Being an old Bell system geek I want to play some more. In my search for systems & knowledge I viewed this plug & play system: https://pluggedsolar.com/products/p...all-expand-to-680watts?variant=42410040459514.
Looking at the components, the inverter looks exactly like a NEP BDM 600 Micro Inverter which is a 220V output. There no stepdown transformer listed in the P&P system so what am I missing? How does that plug into a 110 outlet?
Thank you for any clues.
I have a couple of 120v NEP inverters. They're smaller (250 W), but I have seen advertisements for 120 v NEP 600 inverters. I think Signature Solar used to sell them.

Thank you folks for your replies and information and reference links. I suspected that there was a different NEP inverter but could not find info. I've been looking at those cheap grid-tied 1000W inverters. May give that a try for experimental purposes. Always learning. Had to laugh & marvel at that one video with the array of hoverboard batteries.

You are a wealth of information!

Back