diy solar

diy solar

How often are you checking on your DIY lifepo4 banks? and other solark 15k fun.

myles

Autonomy Expert
Hey Guys!
My system:
10.7kw bifacial solar
15k sol ark
280AH 48V Eve lf280K (I like them, not sure what complaints are? I have the single post style bought in late 2020) 16S4P setup
x4 JK BMS 200A, 2A balance current

I am curious as to how often people check on there lifepo4 banks! We have lived in our house now for about 9 months. In the beginning I would check on my batteries multipled times a day and stare at the Chargery screens for a long time, mostly because the chargery was not reliable and I did not trust it. After taking out the chargery's earlier this year and installing JK 200A BMS's with 2A balance current, I am pleased to say the cells stay rock solid within voltage levels I am wondering if i've gotten complacent now I only look at them once a week! on My sol ark i have a very conservative charge profile setup: 200A Max charge and discharge across all 4 banks (so 50A max per bank), Float, 53.9, Bulk/Absorb 54.7. My batteries sit in an air conditioned garage, heated in the winter as well to 12*C. its about 20-24*C in the summer in the garage. On a normal day I am making between 50-70 kwh of solar (OFF GRID). and haven't had to run a generator since Christmas! So far so good, I DID Trip the max on the solark 15k due to imbalance one time, I had alot of loads running on the same leg, I moved that circuit to the other leg now and haven't had it happen again.

I will get asked, thanks David Poz, when did the solark 15K trip, oh no it has imbalance issues, why solark why?! LOL!! Well I was at work when my wife called that the power went out so I went home and asked what was on at the same time. Looks like it was a little lop sided ! We had our 1.5 hp pond fountain on, a 1500W air conditioner on (120v), our 4 AC mini splits (two senville compressors 220v), and then the final nail in the coffin was the espresso machine at 1200w on heating.

ON full solar, battery in float state:
So L1 was at - 5600 ish watts (before espresso machine) add the tripped load and we have 7800ish watts on one leg!
L2 - 2196 watts

also, after a nice cool rain, and then full sun, this is what 10.7 kw do, I see this in winter too under full sun, most i've seen is around 12000 watts.

Attachments

• solar.png
    solar.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I’ve finally stopped looking for days at a time.
Ever since I let Solar Assistant decide if it needs to top off from grid during non peak rates it’s been nice.

Back