diy solar

diy solar

How to connect EMT to Soladeck through Eave of roof

BlueMarblePA

Solar Enthusiast
Sorry for the newbie question, but I want to route my DC PV wires through the roof eave via EMT conduit. I will not have a solar panel over the plumbing stack seen in these two pictures, and so I want to put the Soladeck near the eave of the roof, and then bring the 3/4" EMT conduit directly along the wall through the roof eave and then through the attic and roof deck into the Soladeck.

I have a simple question though. The Soladeck has a 3/4" knockout, but it will be 23 degrees offset (angle of the roof) from the EMT conduit. It will not be directly perpendicular. How do I secure the EMT conduit. Will a 3/4" raintight compression connector with threads be long enough to secure into the Soladeck box? I guess it depends on how many threads?

Or should I bend the EMT conduit 23 degrees so that it comes into the Soladeck J-box directly perpendicular. I guess then I would simply cut a bigger hold in the roof deck under the shingles? Maybe 1 and 1/4 inch to accomodate pushing it through?

Sorry if this is such a simple problem, but I am just planning everything out while my AHJ hopefully approves my permit.

Attachments

• CraigLn EMT conduit to Soladeck.jpg
    CraigLn EMT conduit to Soladeck.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 17
  • CraigLn Soladeck location.jpg
    CraigLn Soladeck location.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 17
Back