diy solar

diy solar

How to reset overload fault-06 on the MPPT inverter/ controller?

Rima

I have a MPPT inverter/ charger Model: PIP 812LV-MS. Since I have my van back after some electric work it shows 06- overload fault on the inverter. I have tried option 06- Restart Enable but it still has not cleared.
Is the inverter damaged by the person by connecting a power tool of very high wattage?

I have 2 Battle Born batteries in parallel and no solar panels connected yet. I will be connecting the solar panels in Series to the MPPT inverter.
Also the monitor shows that the Lithium Battle born batteries are charged to 13.3 and don't seem to charge higher than that. I have connected them to shore power for a few hours. I have changed the setting on the MPPT for Lithium batteries.

I have a MPPT inverter/ charger Model: PIP 812LV-MS. Since I have my van back after some electric work it shows 06- overload fault on the inverter. I have tried option 06- Restart Enable but it still has not cleared.
What else can I do to reset it so it doesn't show the 06 code Error? And MPPT inverter is making a loud beeping error sound....
Is the inverter completely damaged by this person, who may have connected a power tool of very high wattage?

Attachments

• MPPT inverter.jpg
    MPPT inverter.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 3
If this is the manual for your 1kw inverter charger it states:

Fault mode
Note:
*Fault mode: Errors are caused
by inside circuit error or external
reasons such as over
temperature, output short
circuited and so on.

I would disconnect the AC output wires from the unit and disconnect, then reconnect the battery. If the fault clears, there is a short, if it stays, it would seem to be an internal issue with the unit.

If this is the manual for your 1kw inverter charger it states:

Fault mode
Note:
*Fault mode: Errors are caused
by inside circuit error or external
reasons such as over
temperature, output short
circuited and so on.

I would disconnect the AC output wires from the unit and disconnect, then reconnect the battery. If the fault clears, there is a short, if it stays, it would seem to be an internal issue with the unit.
OK thanks. I will try it and let you know.

Back