diy solar

diy solar

How to set up EPEVER 60A Tracer 6415AN so that it cuts off at 50% DOD

Newager

I want to set the controller so it cuts off at 50% DOD for a sealed lead acid battery which is 12.1 volts. I assume that these are the relevant parameters that need to be reset as a 10.6v Discharge limit means its dead!

Low voltage reconnect voltage 12.6V

Under voltage warning reconnect voltage 12.2V

Under voltage warning voltage 12.0V

Low voltage disconnect voltage 11.1V

Discharging limit voltage 10.6V

Thanks for any advice.

Are you talking about the 'load' output on the EPever ?

I think you need an mt50 monitor to adjust the settings

Thanks. There are just Battery and PV Terminals No Load so it's the battery output. The unit can be adjusted and I can plug it into my laptop without buying the M50 unit. The question what do I adjust the settings to?

Thanks. There are just Battery and PV Terminals No Load so it's the battery output. The unit can be adjusted and I can plug it into my laptop without buying the M50 unit. The question what do I adjust the settings to?

Sorry I'm struggling to understand exactly what you're trying to do here lol

are you trying to stop your loads draining the battery down too far ?

(if this is the case, that's nothing to do with your MPPT charge controller , youd need to play with settings on your inverter or get a something like a 'victron battery protect' to cut off at desired voltage)

I know the inverter cuts out but the question what do I change these settings to? ROTFL

solar panels > mppt > battery > inverter > 240v loads

I think you're trying to stop your batteries draining below 50% (sensible) , so your issue is AFTER the battery in that chain I've posted above

All your MPPT charge controller does is charge batteries from your solar panels . ... It has nothing to do with the loads (drain / draw) coming FROM the batteries, it has no influence over that , so it's settings can't help you.

I am interested in something similar. I looked at the Victron SBP already, but I am confused by the statement in the installation manual that continually refers to hooking to DC loads, and the warnings about not hooking it to the DC feed of the inverter (because it has capacitors), but instead hooking it to the remote cutoff of the inverter. My inverter has no "remote cutoff", so I take it I cannot use this with my system? the 10.5v cutoff at the inverter is not acceptable, but other than this device I see no options.

I am interested in something similar. I looked at the Victron SBP already, but I am confused by the statement in the installation manual that continually refers to hooking to DC loads, and the warnings about not hooking it to the DC feed of the inverter (because it has capacitors), but instead hooking it to the remote cutoff of the inverter. My inverter has no "remote cutoff", so I take it I cannot use this with my system? the 10.5v cutoff at the inverter is not acceptable, but other than this device I see no options.
I do not own one of these but just understanding sequences I would say that the Victron battery protect sits between the battery and regular DC loads. It should not be connected between the battery and an inverter on the DC side ( potential damage from inverter capacitors) but it can control an inverter through the inverters remote control panel port. Many mobile inverters have a remote panel that allows boat and MH owners to mount the inverter in an out of sight location and turn it on and off from the remote panel. This is a dry contact type of switch.

Low voltage disconnect is the perameter that disconnects the battery from the load terminals. Whilst 12.10 volts is around 50% SOC for a resting unloaded battery, when the battery is supplying current there is a voltage droop. The actual droop will depend on load current.

Thus voltage disconnect is poor technique. A battery monitor with programmable relay, example Victron BMV712, will resionably compute SOC and the relay can control the system. Idealy where an inverter is the load remote switching or an hack to the on/off switch.

Mike

Yes sorry you are correct, apparently the victron battery connect cannot be used to directly disconnect inverter from battery

There is a remote unit for this inverter (Educoa 3500) but I don't have it and have not found anyplace that sells it separately, that said, from reading about it, it does not seem to have any different features, just a remote display of the status indicator on the inverter itself. I initially thought I could program the cutoff point with it, but soon realized it did no programming at all. I will check again, maybe it has a remote "off" function, if it does, maybe I can hack something with that.

Back