diy solar

diy solar

I have 100 volts now but no watts

plr

After replacing one male and two MC4 connectors I have 100 volts running into my 48v Growatt but still no watts are being registered for PVIMG_0523.JPG

Could this shade in the top right cause no energy to be generated?

The shade would be my first guess. A 10% shade can severely reduce solar output, and you have far more than 10% shade there.

Without a bypass diode, solar panels need sunlight to allow electricity through.

Bypass diodes may help here.

After replacing one male and two MC4 connectors I have 100 volts running into my 48v Growatt but still no watts are being registered for PV

Could this shade in the top right cause no energy to be generated?
Do all your panels ever get full sun or do you always have shadows on them?
Starting a new thread that omits all the info already discussed in your original thread is not helpful.

After replacing one male and two MC4 connectors I have 100 volts running into my 48v Growatt but still no watts are being registered.

Where do you think the watts would be "registered"? What load do you have plugged into your growatt? Are batteries connected?

In short, do you have any place for the electricity to go?

Do all your panels ever get full sun or do you always have shadows on them?
Starting a new thread that omits all the info already discussed in your original thread is not helpful.

Sorry i’ll Reply in my last thread

Where do you think the watts would be "registered"? What load do you have plugged into your growatt? Are batteries connected?

In short, do you have any place for the electricity to go?
Where is your load?

Are your batteries already charged?

Batteries are brand new from battleborn. When I look at the Growatt display panels and go down to PV it says 0 watts.

I am trying to run a dehumidifier but it’s not connected cause I figured it will just drain the batteries.

Batteries are brand new from battleborn. When I look at the Growatt display panels and go down to PV it says 0 watts.

I am trying to run a dehumidifier but it’s not connected cause I figured it will just drain the batteries.

Try connecting your dehumidifier, tomorrow when you have sun. The shading remains a problem, but if your batteries are full and you have no load connected, your charge controller will stop the flow of electricity because there's no place for the electricity to go (unless you're grid tied).

Reactions: plr
Thanks Sparky and i am running the solar system off grid so I will give it a try

We're all here to help one another.

Does your growatt have a configurable maximum battery voltage or maximum charge voltage? Even though they're battleborn, you want to avoid overcharging, so be sure to consult the battleborn & growatt documentation to ensure your charging voltages are correct. The documentation might refer to a "charge profile" for the appropriate section.

I will have to look into all this but this might take me until the weekend as work is already hitting me up with tasks...thanks again!

Sparky I show a max charging current of 120amps. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

I did run the growatt with the panels in direct sun for an hou today. At which point I got a warning light 4 and beeping.Which according to the manual is lower battery. How can I get my panels to charge my batteries?

Sparky I show a max charging current of 120amps. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

I did run the growatt with the panels in direct sun for an hou today. At which point I got a warning light 4 and beeping.Which according to the manual is lower battery. How can I get my panels to charge my batteries?

What and how many batteries do you have? I understand that they're battleborn, but are they 48v? 12v? How many amp-hours? How many batteries?

Are your panels usually shaded [your pic, above]? If so, you're really not going to get much out of them.

I have two battle born 50 amp 24 volt BB5024 batteries wired in series.

My panels get at least two hours of direct sun light starting at noon with no shade. I am working to trim back some of the old trees on my property

50 Ah x 2 = 100AH x 24v =2400 watt hours

Your solar panels will have to produce 2400 watt-hours within those 2 hours to replenish your batteries.

>Our recommended charge rate is 50 amps per 100 Ah battery in your system. For example, if your charger is 20 amps and you need to charge an empty battery, it will take 5 hours to reach 100%.

[Bb web site]

So 120 AH may be a bit fast.

How many watts are you using with your appliances?

Last edited:
I do not believe my batteries are full. I ran my dehumidifier for an hour at which point I received warning 4 on my growatt

The growatt shows 0 for PV watts despite getting this kinda sun

Attachments

• 6E24B2C5-4592-40ED-A21A-D00BE4F97C9F.jpeg
    6E24B2C5-4592-40ED-A21A-D00BE4F97C9F.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9
I am back from the past . Less one two hundred year old silver maple so my panels are getting more direct sun. Even as we head to the winter solstice in less than a month can you guy help me get my system working ?

Back