diy solar

diy solar

If you take a loan, you pay it back.

MurphyGuy

It just needs a bigger hammer
I can understand some government enforced temporary freeze on home loans and car loans.. all loans really, in times when the nation is experiencing a serious emergency like we did during covid.

But forgiving a loan someone took out and promised to pay back and billing the tax payers for it is just wrong. An education isn't something that can be repossessed like a car or a house, and it gives these people an unfair advantage over my children.

This is wrong.

Stop being a cheap skate you got plenty of money or so you claimed. Pay your kids’ way. I hope she is not retarded like you. The kids are suppose to only get in by testing and grades now. You can: Work as an intergalactic exlax medium where you lick the next space explorer before it blast off….. when and if we launch one….whenever that might be.

the real problem are the ppl that show up at the college campus financial center every semester…. Get their free govt checkS - get free books, show up to assigned class - the required # times then drop courses - sell free books at book store - go home until next semester when they will come back and do the same thing all over again. That is the scam and the real problem They just wanted some extra spending money. While thrre they hit on some hoes. The mf’ing man still holding them down after ~158 years Can’t breathe…. Types. I Watched it time and time again. Eye witness. All 100% legal. The shit part they knocked someone out of legitimately taking the course - filled it up. So… Privileged.

The Can’t Breath types make all the other minorities look bad and knock them out of required classes too.

BTW if we didn’t give over ~$210 billion dollars to Ukraine our ppl in this country might get more govt educational assistance. You approved of that Ukraine spending BS. We always do that. Israel was our first major welfare baby. Once govt - congress figured out how to spend money for get kick backs on foreign country gifts it was on. Most every single time congress votes for pet countries to give free money over our own citizens. Every single time. Bend over USA Citizens let Uncle Sam drive = screw you. Now pay up suckers….. all the bills are OUR debt. ???? Watching us get screwed is precious. Before you turn on the news get ky and lube up because before it goes off you will be getting sex you don’t want.

George Carlin had it 100% correct, “ it is a big club and we are not in it”
Meet “the big guy”

IMG_3145.png

I can understand some government enforced temporary freeze on home loans and car loans.. all loans really, in times when the nation is experiencing a serious emergency like we did during covid.

But forgiving a loan someone took out and promised to pay back and billing the tax payers for it is just wrong. An education isn't something that can be repossessed like a car or a house, and it gives these people an unfair advantage over my children.

This is wrong.

It's also worth noting that in-state tuition is still heavily subsidized and even those who got student loans still had much of their higher Ed paid for by the taxpayer.

I'm blue-collar and my employer paid for my 2 year degree.

There are plenty of kids who go to regular 4 year colleges for stem and come out and pay their loans back and make a handsome sum and thrive.

These liberal arts majors demanding others just pay pay pay for their poor life choices will never end because that is how democrats get votes.

It's also worth noting that in-state tuition is still heavily subsidized and even those who got student loans still had much of their higher Ed paid for by the taxpayer.

I'm blue-collar and my employer paid for my 2 year degree.

There are plenty of kids who go to regular 4 year colleges for stem and come out and pay their loans back and make a handsome sum and thrive.

These liberal arts majors demanding others just pay pay pay for their poor life choices will never end because that is how democrats get votes.
I don't understand.. what does a liberal arts major have to do with poor life choices? And can you explain how you're associating poor life choices with democrat strategy to get votes? I'm kind of confused on how you're connecting those dots because I just don't see it.

I don't understand.. what does a liberal arts major have to do with poor life choices? And can you explain how you're associating poor life choices with democrat strategy to get votes? I'm kind of confused on how you're connecting those dots because I just don't see it.

Getting x degree in a field that won't net you enough income to pay it back.

Joe Biden promised student loan forgiveness to get votes during the last election.

He promised to do something he knew he wasn't allowed to do.

Thanks.

Getting x degree in a field that won't net you enough income to pay it back.
Oh.. LOL.. You thought Liberal Arts means liberals doing artsy stuff? Drawing, painting, music etc ???

Well that makes more sense.. I completely agree that a $70,000 education in underwater basket weaving or entertainment history, isn't very smart. Yikes... I could rattle off at least two pages of useless degrees people get all the time..

But "Liberal Arts" is also mathematics, physics, biology, etc. All kinds of super-geek-powers stuff falls under liberal arts..

In Latin (I'm very rusty)... "Liberal" means free and "arts" means a sort of practice or procedure of a type. While drawing pretty pictures and making music also falls under the liberal arts category, its much wider than that. Its actually kind of a meaningless term in modern times.. don't know why they still use it.

Joe Biden promised student loan forgiveness to get votes during the last election.
Pretty sure everything every politician says these days is to get votes.. Why would this be special?

He promised to do something he knew he wasn't allowed to do.
Ha! You just called him a politician..

Your reply makes more sense now.. Anyone who gets a degree in Aztec history is wasting their money.

Anyways, was making a broad scope comment.

I would like to see what degrees the students have that are having the most trouble paying them back.

Anyways, was making a broad scope comment.

I would like to see what degrees the students have that are having the most trouble paying them back.
English majors, literature, history, web design, culinary arts, theology, and garbage like that.

Most child development, counseling and social jobs pay crap too.

Basically, any job where your tasks do not have a clear pass or fail line. How does one fail at literature or theology?

We call these types of jobs "underwater basket weaving".. or "underwater fire fighting".. because most of them do not require one to prove themselves.

That said, and this is just my opinion.. I think most of these people are just pampered snowflakes who are incapable of their own financial budgeting.
Show me one of these people who can't pay their loans and I'll show you someone with a $500 phone, new shoes, starbucks cups in their trashcan, and a car that is less than four or five years old..

Jeff Childers and some of his readers on Coffee & COVID have a solution. First allow student loans to the removed through bankruptcy. But then require the schools where those loans originated to pay back those loans discharged through bankruptcy. Instantly all those useless degrees (ie gender studies) virtually disappear.

Jeff Childers and some of his readers on Coffee & COVID have a solution. First allow student loans to the removed through bankruptcy. But then require the schools where those loans originated to pay back those loans discharged through bankruptcy. Instantly all those useless degrees (ie gender studies) virtually disappear.
What a great way to destroy higher education.. though I suspect that is the goal. Talk about a severe case of blame shifting.. How about we just stick to holding people responsible for their own behavior and bad choices?

To solve the problem without holding one entity responsible for the bad choices of another entity, how about we:
1) Stop providing educational loans all together? This would force down the cost of college as a whole, but I'm pretty sure it would also come with some drawbacks...

2) Or better yet, we create an algorithm that analyzes and rates the high and low demand careers, factors in the incomes from those careers and the difficulty in obtaining a degree, and sets the loan criteria based on that data..

So if you want to go to college for software, where such career path pays about $140,000 a year, your student loan is going to be much easier to get then someone who wants to study advanced basket weaving. One day in the future when we have enough software people and find ourselves in need of woven baskets, the algorithm will adjust itself as required.

Punishing one party for the behavior of another party is what the gun grabbers want to do.. It is wrong on every level.

I took a history class in college-lot of other classes too……1 still sticks out from a very leftist history professor. Lot of leftist back then but still some good professors in colleges WHEN I was there.

The leftist history professor stated that civilization was based on written language and books as references from where we began until where we end with other newer books. We had recorded written references for all of it. Professor had under graduates step in and grade papers. Sometimes they used book versions versus lecture material as if trying make ppl fail. It was messed up and had to be contested. This leftist Professor did not follow Core Syllabus as described day 1 of class. Why you need to be there that day to learn rules and expectations to pass the class. Almost all liberal college is about learning, meeting, and showing tested standards… as put forward by the individual professors to pass. You conform to each professor as if they are the boss. If you want honors and extra credits you rise to meet their desires - work on professors pet projects.

In this history class we were required to buy a history book that cost new ~$300-~$350 …. Usually 1 or more college professors get a kick back from selecting using these required course books. The leftist professor had us open the book read a paragraph in the front which was only time we used that book . Granted civilization was to be explained by this same leftist professor as well as rest of class via lecturing.

We were lectured (talked to with professor’s version) about how civilization became civilization based on books and written words. Again repeat that history book was not used again. You had to take notes account the lecture contained specifics for later testing - that were not in the book. Professor’s lecture version was the test material. That is sometimes what separates Ivy League from City colleges. The professor. Also why some classes at same college has graduates repeat various versions about same subject matters - different professors. They abandoned the book and got it from professor. Why standards are so important when teaching. The Learning in some classes needs to be in practical demonstrated hands in the labs and such too. Example Chemistry classes were 2 parts 1 classroom 1 lab. Sometimes the labs are where ppl put things together for real learning which also another differing factor for colleges or even within the same college.

In that History class ….. We were taught American Native Indians had no civilization in the sense that they passed history and such by word of mouth and did not have books. However the verbal lecture class continued. Insanity. Are you getting it for my point ?? Lot of ppl failed that professor’s class because didn’t take good notes for the verbal lecture. ?? I passed because knew that Professor was the boss. Complaining to the college admin - president was a waste of time and the word got around to other liberal professors that if a student complained then be hard on them. ????? Bananas. Planned coordinated attack against college students by liberals. I watched it happen to ppl - small groups that complained. You have to select your battles in this world based on the conditions around you when you can. My rule of thumb: “ is it going to matter in 6 months”. In reality we should have GROUPED together to get the liberal leftist professors removed. Hindsight is always 20/20. Now they train full fledged communist the same way since liberals - mostly own the schools - colleges. You comply or fail. SO IN REALITY I AM PARTIALLY TO BLAME.

Why do I remember that Leftist History Professor? Because that rotten s.o.b. person ruined my 4.0 gpa by giving me a passing grade of “b” which was highest score in the class ….. no “A“ were given by that professor to anyone passing it. 3.89 gpa. It was one of those professors that mixed some multiple questions in with some correct answers optioned but s.o.b. wanted most defined for an answer. Hahaha details details details. He got me on first exam. Several students had been through his class before recycles. The other 2 history classes were filled up immediately on registration day. Everyone tried to avoid that asshole with TENURE.

I have had similar thoughts.

The colleges created those "fields of study" to get more government-backed cashola in their coffers.

Why do you have to take out a loan for education? Having an educated population benefits the nation as a whole, I want the best engineers, doctors, etc. Not limit the supply and lower standards to the ones who's parents could afford to pay the fees.

Why do you have to take out a loan for education? Having an educated population benefits the nation as a whole, I want the best engineers, doctors, etc. Not limit the supply and lower standards to the ones who's parents could afford to pay the fees.

It's free for 13 years until you're an adult but then it's heavily subsidized.

Adults have to pay their own way Leo. I know you're a democrat and strongly desire perpetual adolescence but that leads to poor outcomes.

Adults have to pay their own way Leo. I know you're a democrat and strongly desire perpetual adolescence but that leads to poor outcomes.
Not true some minorities get free education blacks , native Americans, and so on. It depends - sometimes past income. Sometimes displaced workers can get free education thing the govt and former companies pay for it. There are all kinds of free education like grants too. You must qualify. Military vets normally have free education benefits as part of service requirements. Ppl use to join service after getting degree and negotiate student loan debt forgiveness…. There are bunch of programs. If you can qualify. The student loans use to be interest free. Not sure about any of this now. I did see the free programs abused when in college.

FREE ??? You obviously don't pay property taxes or saying its FREE would be the last thing coming from you.

The first 13 years are absolutely NOT free. They're just funded with public tax dollars like the roads you travel on, the 911 system that calls for help, the fire fighters that save your home (sometimes), and the military that stops other nations from invading us. But none of it is free.

Oxygen is free.. although I'm not sure for how much longer that will remain true.

Considering what I just said above, that's a silly statement on every level.

While I have not analyzed the pros and cons of the idea, so I can't support or object to it, I think what Leo is getting at is that if our first 13 years are funded with tax dollars, why not fund an additional four?

FREE ??? You obviously don't pay property taxes or saying its FREE would be the last thing coming from you.

The first 13 years are absolutely NOT free. They're just funded with public tax dollars like the roads you travel on, the 911 system that calls for help, the fire fighters that save your home (sometimes), and the military that stops other nations from invading us. But none of it is free.

Oxygen is free.. although I'm not sure for how much longer that will remain true.

Considering what I just said above, that's a silly statement on every level.

While I have not analyzed the pros and cons of the idea, so I can't support or object to it, I think what Leo is getting at is that if our first 13 years are funded with tax dollars, why not fund an additional four?

Free to the student murph, let's avoid being obtuse. Paying taxes to drive on a road is me paying for a service.

It's partially funded after that so long as you're in-state, public.

It's fair to ask the student to finally put some skin in the game once they are an adult. There are numerous options for forgiveness.

I will admit though, I don't live in an area nor am I at a wage level where I or any of my neighbors/family will have trouble paying for my/their kids college should they choose to go.

Back