diy solar

diy solar

IntegraRack: Ground Mount with Epoxy Ground Stakes and Ballast Options

I hired a solar engineer to create my plans and take them to the county building office for approval.
Can you share how much that added to your ground mount cost please.
I am an engineer, and my 12kw install was approved with free drawings from Unirac, and a lot of back and forth with my local idiots at the electrical supply monopoly.

They insisted that I needed to pay added fees for a 15kw install since my Sol-ark inverter is rated for 15k.

I sent a couple of emails pointing out that I was only installing 12kw of PV panels, but they insisted that the inverter capacity was all that mattered.

So now 12 months later I am planning an upgrade and "oh my gosh" the Sol-ark will allow me to add 3x*6500w per MPPT, so I guess I am also approved for 12Kw, +18Kw since that is my "inverter capacity."

God bless monopoly employed engineer.

And yes.. I sent them the data sheet from the Sol-ark that clearly lays out the total PV capacity in black and white.

Last edited:
I have been on eyeing the brightmount for a while. I initially planned on building a footing with lumber and weighing it all down with rocks or sandbags, but this mount removes the need for the lumber. For me, personally, that is a plus. The video is pretty clear on assembly but doesn't go into details about grounding hardware. How is the grounding done on this?

Cables are all cleaned up and look better than this now....I was experimenting 4s2p vs 8s so it was a bit of a rats nest.

Says adjustable angle. Is that only when you install it? I did not see how to adjust once fully installed.

Love it.

Each bracket has an adjustable leg. Does take some work to adjust it once installed.
That's on my to-do list for tomorrow. Summer angle time!

I've done it a few times already. It is nice to have an extra set of hands, but it's a 15 minute job.

Can you share how much that added to your ground mount cost please.
I am an engineer, and my 12kw install was approved with free drawings from Unirac, and a lot of back and forth with my local idiots at the electrical supply monopoly.

They insisted that I needed to pay added fees for a 15kw install since my Sol-ark inverter is rated for 15k.

I sent a couple of emails pointing out that I was only installing 12kw of PV panels, but they insisted that the inverter capacity was all that mattered.

So now 12 months later I am planning an upgrade and "oh my gosh" the Sol-ark will allow me to add 3x*6500w per MPPT, so I guess I am also approved for 12Kw, +18Kw since that is my "inverter capacity."

God bless monopoly employed engineer.

And yes.. I sent them the data sheet from the Sol-ark that clearly lays out the total PV capacity in black and white.
Well I hired him in 2016 and it was $750 for site visit, draw up the plans and take to permitting office for approval.

If there is something specific that you guys want me to look for this year with the racks I am going to review, let me know
Will, I know you need this question answered by users, not by me. So I hope more folks chime in. But several users have mentioned PowerRacks by PowerField in different threads here. We're not the "cheapest possible" for sure, but I bet we're the fastest and easiest.

But how about you give them a try and let us know what you think?

Will, I know you need this question answered by users, not by me. So I hope more folks chime in. But several users have mentioned PowerRacks by PowerField in different threads here. We're not the "cheapest possible" for sure, but I bet we're the fastest and easiest.

But how about you give them a try and let us know what you think?
What makes the PowerRack better than the Corigy?

What makes the PowerRack better than the Corigy?

Thanks for asking @42OhmsPA! Here's where I should stop, since I'm with PowerField. This is a user forum, so users should answer this question.

Okay world, duke it out: PowerRack vs. Corigy. Who is going to do the comparison test??

Back