diy solar

diy solar

Interesting poll results! Sol Ark VS Signature Solar

Will Prowse

Forum Owner
Staff member
Yesterday I ran a few polls to see what the customer support satisfaction was between Sol Ark and Signature Solar. I was expecting Sol Ark to have zero complaints, but more people had issues with them than with signature solar!
Screenshot_20230504_075230_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20230504_075235_YouTube.jpg

To sum up the results:

Signature Solar-
19% of voters had an issue resolved or fantastic service.
And 3% had an issue and will never buy from them again.
So 15.78% were not satisfied.

Sol Ark-
5% of voters had an issue resolved or fantastic service.
And 2% had an issue and will never buy from them again.
So 40% were not satisfied.

I am still letting the votes come in but usually it doesn't change much after the first thousand. Pretty wild results!

I wish it could give us more decimal points to increase accuracy, but these were not the results I was expecting at all.

Historically, much of signature solars equipment that is discussed here has been pretty basic compared to Sol-Arks inverter offerings. There was a lot more stuff that could go wrong or be harder to configure with Sol-Ark in regards to AC coupling, Export limiting, etc.. The newer inverter being offered by Signature Solar under the EG4 branding should be interesting, as they have relative feature parity to a Sol-Ark and might start getting hammered with those types of support issues.

One big difference is Sol-Ark holds the warranty on their inverters and ancillary products, but Signature Solar does not, at least according to the Signature Solar website.

It would be nice to know if Signature Solar holds the warranty for EG4 brand, because it seems like Signature Solar provides most of the business operations for EG4 but are separate companies.

In my opinion, this survey should be specific to EG4 inverters rather than Signature Solar because one is the actual product, and the other is a material distributor that sells 3rd party equipment.

We usually reference Solar Reviews, which verifies their reviews.

Last edited:
Yesterday I ran a few polls to see what the customer support satisfaction was between Sol Ark and Signature Solar. I was expecting Sol Ark to have zero complaints, but more people had issues with them than with signature solar!
View attachment 147774View attachment 147775

To sum up the results:

Signature Solar-
19% of voters had an issue resolved or fantastic service.
And 3% had an issue and will never buy from them again.
So 15.78% were not satisfied.

Sol Ark-
5% of voters had an issue resolved or fantastic service.
And 2% had an issue and will never buy from them again.
So 40% were not satisfied.

I am still letting the votes come in but usually it doesn't change much after the first thousand. Pretty wild results!

I wish it could give us more decimal points to increase accuracy, but these were not the results I was expecting at all.
… I don’t understand statistics displayed.

Where is it displayed that the 40% are not satisfied? I'm not following the interpretation of the data here... Are these the wrong screenshots?
Have to remove all the "I don't have it" votes, and then recalculate percentages.

I didn't run the numbers to check.

One big difference is Sol-Ark holds the warranty on their inverters and ancillary products, but Signature Solar does not, at least according to the Signature Solar website.

It would be nice to know if Signature Solar holds the warranty for EG4 brand, because it seems like Signature Solar provides most of the business operations for EG4 but are separate companies.

In my opinion, this survey should be specific to EG4 inverters rather than Signature Solar because one is the actual product, and the other is a material distributor that sells 3rd party equipment.

We usually reference Solar Reviews, which verifies their reviews.
No, it's the same company. Eg4 and signature solar. I figured that was common knowledge but maybe I should mention that more.

Is signature solar on energy sage? If so, can you post it here so we can compare them?

I did not see the SolArk poll so I did not reply as a user. Got a link? Couln't find it with simple search?
I did it on YouTube community so I could get more votes and a broader audience to poll from. Total vote count on the forum was pretty low.

Click the tab for community section:

Actually it was the user base of SolArk users on DIYSolar that influenced my purchase of a SolArk to replace my Outback inverter with a SolArk. Plus a few other features that the SolArk had.
I'm in the same boat, I purchased a SolArk because of the basis of people on this forum, as well as my installer talked so highly of them, being the only Energy Storage inverter they will ever install.

On another note, I keep seeing people telling Will to change the poll, add this, or take that out, but he can't just change the poll after its been posted and people have voted on it. It would just skew the results. Stop asking to change it.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Sol-Ark only produces inverters, whereas Sig Solar sells almost all things Solar related.

I'm in the same boat, I purchased a SolArk because of the basis of people on this forum, as well as my installer talked so highly of them, being the only Energy Storage inverter they will ever install.
I have just found out that I may qualify for SGIP funding. If I go that route I would like to continue using a SolArk but upgrade my batteries to UL approved batteries. I see you also have DIY batteries. Did you have any issues getting inspected? I never tried because it seemed like too much hassle but I would like to get a building permit in the long run.

I have just found out that I may qualify for SGIP funding. If I go that route I would like to continue using a SolArk but upgrade my batteries to UL approved batteries. I see you also have DIY batteries. Did you have any issues getting inspected? I never tried because it seemed like too much hassle but I would like to get a building permit in the long run.
Who are the known players for UL listed batteries?

I did not install my batteries until after inspection ?

I did not install my batteries until after inspection ?
Only downside to this is that it is now essentially not inspected and if anything bad happens, your homeowners insurance might not cover it. At least if they think they can get away with blaming it in any way on the addition of the batteries and related hookup equipment.

I figure you are probably aware of this, but best that other people new to this stuff understand this.

Only downside to this is that it is now essentially not inspected and if anything bad happens, your homeowners insurance might not cover it. At least if they think they can get away with blaming it in any way on the addition of the batteries and related hookup equipment.

I figure you are probably aware of this, but best that other people new to this stuff understand this.
This is correct. If something were to happen, then the insurance company is more likely to not cover it. Because of this, I'm trying to take extra steps to prevent damage, if in the unlikely chance something were to happen.

I wonder if insurance would deny coverage if something else that wasn't "to code", burnt the house down? Like a non-UL Listed alarm clock (not that exactly, just an example). Would the insurance company say, "Oh that wasn't up to code, you're SOL". It's kind of the same situation?

Back