diy solar

diy solar

Inverter sizing

376yamaha

Hey guys I’m looking for some help, I was trying to figure out if a 2000w inverter paired with a 200ah lithium battery will run a single burner 1800w induction cook top with no issues. I’ll be using it to boil water once a day on a camp trip. Any advice would be great.

The inverter should be fine, if that's the only load.
Can't comment on the battery. Without the voltage and specs.

With 1 battery you will most likely be discharging it at max rate or very close to it. I know Aims has one that would do it, but 1 hour would be the limit, and its a $700 battery.

Screenshot_20240311-204718_Chrome.jpg

I recommend a coleman stove.

The inverter should be fine, if that's the only load.

What's the power factor of the induction stove? How many VA for 1800W stove? How much higher is peak current than a resistive 1800W element would need?

Last edited:
Here’s the link for the battery, the only other thing that will be running on the system is a fan and a cooler, both pull about 2.5 amps each.

2.5 amps @ 120v?
Thats 300watts right there, so now youre over 2000 not even counting efficiency losses

What's the power factor of the induction stove? How many VA for 1800W stove? How much higher is peak current than a resistive 1800W burner would need?
They didn't give the specs of their unit.
But......
Induction cooking is fairly soft on an inverter, in my experience.
I think of it like the inverter heat pump of cooking.
They are 5 to 10% more efficient than resistive.

Here’s the link for the battery,

It will work. But the single battery will only last about an hour.
the only other thing that will be running on the system is a fan and a cooler, both pull about 2.5 amps each.
At 12v or 120v?

Back