diy solar

diy solar

JBD Bluetooth

So the fix was hard reset of the BMS? (disconnecting from power)
or just not having the two BMS connected together at all?

So the fix was hard reset of the BMS? (disconnecting from power)
or just not having the two BMS connected together at all?
It was disconnecting the two BMS, connecting the one not working on its own, it started working, and then hooking up the other one with it.

@gotbeans / @Aussie / @Brett V
I had similar JBD BMS issues with multiple (4) batteries connected in parallel.
Problem:
It seemed like if any one pack went into OVP (set at 3.65V), the JBD BMS disconnects that pack and then stayed isolated.
I toggled the charge / discharge switches multiple times without any effect and the relay stayed open (no clicking sounds).
It seems like the BMS is happy that the other packs are doing all the work... :sneaky:
The only way I found to reconnect the pack, was to reset the JBD BMS (disconnect and reconnect the smaller port of the balance cables with positive wire) on the isolated pack.
Then the pack reconnected and act as nothing was wrong, until the next OVP occurs ...

Solution:
The only way I could solve this isolation issue in the long run, was to limit the inverter absorption (called boost/bulk on some inverters) charge voltage to 55.2V (3.45V per cell) so that OVP never occurs and so BMS never need to disconnect for protection.
To ensure full SOC charge is reached, I set Absorption time (called equalization on some inverters) of 1 hour on the inverter.
After absorption, the inverter goes to Float mode which was set at 54V (3.375V).
Since using these settings on all JBD BMSs, I have never seen the pack isolation issue again (6 months later 🤞)

Firmware:
I am of opinion that the JBD firmware needs to cater for this parallel situation.
I tried a few times to convince technical support of JBD with text explanations and videos but at the end I just gave up when I found the solution as described above is working successfully.

Back