diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS giving me grief.

littleharbor2

Solar Addict
Living off-grid on the beach in Baja California,
Building a battery for my friend. I have a K-B2A8S20P BMS. It won't come to life. I have verified on the harness all voltages are correct. Gone over the connection order and it just won't come to life. There's full, Top Balanced, voltage entering the unit but it's not coming out. I've built these batteries before but am baffled with this one.
Any suggestions?
Here's the wiring diagram. May or may not load. I won't be back till the wee hours tomorrow morn. Any suggestions welcome.

file:///C:/Users/Littleharbor2/Pictures/JK,%204%20-%208s%20BMS%20w%202%20amp%20balance.pdf

I have JK and Daly BMS' and the JK's have been way better.
not sure if your came with a on/off button option? mine did and this was needed to get the BMS activated on the first start.
You may be able to do this from a blue tooth connection, not sure.

Building a battery for my friend. I have a K-B2A8S20P BMS. It won't come to life. I have verified on the harness all voltages are correct. Gone over the connection order and it just won't come to life. There's full, Top Balanced, voltage entering the unit but it's not coming out. I've built these batteries before but am baffled with this one.
Any suggestions?
Here's the wiring diagram. May or may not load. I won't be back till the wee hours tomorrow morn. Any suggestions welcome.

file:///C:/Users/Littleharbor2/Pictures/JK,%204%20-%208s%20BMS%20w%202%20amp%20balance.pdf
Normally once it senses current it will turn on.

JK BMS require initialization. Until recently, this required providing it a brief extra voltage of 5volts or more.

Newer options (if they shipped with your unit) include a push button switch wired to the BMS, or a display screen with a button on its side.

This post describes a simple method to activate the JK BMS using a 9v battery in conjunction with your pack.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/needing-help-with-jk-bms-not-turning-onb.40136/post-530175

All the suggestions got me to the point where everything is connected. The 9 volt battery wouldn't wake up the BMS so I added a 12 volt power source to the bus bars and Voila! , we have wakeage.:) Problem now is once I remove the external power source the BMS stays awake and running for a minute or two then goes back offline. All charge control settings are fine, conservative actually, and as mentioned earlier battery has been top balanced so I cant see any internal battery voltage issues. Also I cant get the app to recognize the BMS. If I could maybe I would see what the problem is. I think I'm going to delete the app and reload it.
So, my question is, What might make the BMS keep shutting off?

Back