diy solar

diy solar

Jk bms heat version

glamsland

Hi.

I'm planning swapping my qucc smart bms to a jk smart heat bms.

About the heat output; do the bms start heating ALWAYS if the temp sensor open for heating? Or do the bms ONLY start heating when charging and the temp sensor open for heating? Or is all this adjustable in the settings?

I do not know if they have changed it but when the heating first came out, the heat relay was the reverse of low temp cutoff. So when your BMS turns off charging, it turns on heat. Then it turns back on charging, it turns off heat. You can adjust the temp for turning on and off but that is with the LTC and LTCR settings.

I always thought this was dumb. I would want the heat controlled seperatly so that I can turn it on before low temp cutoff to prevent that from happening. Given that, for me it would be better to use an Inkbird thermostat to control the heating pads so that it is fully indipendant of the BMS. Connect the Inkbird to the load side of the BMS so that it gets its power from the solar or other charge sources so that it will supply power to the heating even when the battery is turned off for being too cold.

Having heat on the BMS is a nice idea but the way they have it programed is just dumb unless they have changed it recently.

Agree to that the heating should heat before the temp cutoff turns on.
Only thing could be that id the battery is stored in the dark wintermonths with litle solarpower, it will drain the battery(maybe.. ) , so in my case,- i have the battery in a remote cabin, with not so much solar power in the november, december and january, i would like a heating controller that start the heatpads when i start charging with generator or solar, and when the battery temp is like +5 celsius the bms open for charging.. it might be best with the inkbird thermostat then...

The way that the JK works on heating could drain the battery. Lets say you get a big snow and then it turns cold. You are getting no charge but the BMS is dutifully heating up the battery to open the charging but there is nothing there.

Back