diy solar

diy solar

Limitation of the energy detachment of PV panels

frankz66

Hello everyone, I own an Epever 6415AN in 48 v configuration and a voc of panels of about 70 volts.

Unfortunately, Epever is not very efficient at quickly managing the voltage changes of the panels, that is:

When I set a maximum threshold of production detachment at 60v and a resumption of power at 57 volts, when the batteries start to absorb less because their charging capacity has reached about 75%, I see from the graphs the sudden detachment of the watts of the regular or 600 w reaches 20 w and then restart shortly after when the voltage reported in the 70v regulator drops to 64 volts. This is an almost physiological problem that docuto to the sudden variations of light , clouds and more , How can I mitigate this problem if it is possible to do so ?

What battery do you have, and what are your battery settings?

The settings should be for your BATTERY, not your PANELS. 60v is too high for battery. It may be your battery BMS disconnecting, not the charge controller reducing output.

What battery do you have, and what are your battery settings?

The settings should be for your BATTERY, not your PANELS. 60v is too high for battery. It may be your battery BMS disconnecting, not the charge controller reducing outpu
If I leave the disconnect at 64 the inverter goes into protection, because its maximum range reaches 61 and at 62 it goes into protection for over voltage. If set to epever the 61-volt disconnect fails to respect it always goes further, because it is probably less fast to handle these voltage variations unlike apparently the victron. Same values for batteries . charging I left after various changes 57.60 and a maximum of disconnection at 59 , if it would not be a continuous drop .....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-21 alle 16.51.29.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 alle 16.51.29.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 5
Back