diy solar

diy solar

low voltage disconnect below 22 volts shuts entire camper down shore power will not charge or change anything.

I followed Will's instructions on my first setup with 4 sla 400w of panels on the ground, worked great on 01 jayco with 3 slides.
Though this was going to be a good upgrade. What a wreck it seems to be now. Thank you for your thoughts.
It will be fine, first things first, you have FANTASTIC equipment. But even a ferrari needs gas to run.

Lets see if you jave something disconnected, or loose.

I purchased a camper with 8 175w panels 7 24v battle born batteries at 22 volts the enter electrical system shuts down. shore power does nothing until solar charges the batteries above 22v
Please post photos of the inside of this box. I see some 8/3 going to it... Where does it come from, where does it go?
Screenshot_20231108-193927.jpg

We spoke on the phone. Many questions and answers back and forth.

Suspect the absorption fridge was inadvertently placed in AUTO mode and depleted the 9kWh battery in 24 hours.

2X MP in what appears to be split phase parallel operation.
BMV-712
CCGX

It eventually started charging on AC power - 120V/30A circuit. Only the left inverter was charging. The right inverter stayed inverting. This is expected on a Victron 120/240 installation. I suspect the batteries depleted, entered BMS protection mode, transitioned to short circuit mode when the inverters wanted to charge their capacitors. Eventually, the MPPT charged the caps, the batteries came back to life, and the AC charger started charging.

When we got off the phone, it was above 28V and in absorption mode. Based on our convo, the installer has some settings contrary to best practices.

I'll be working with him directly to get it better configured with inverter-based low voltage disconnects, proper BMV settings and setting suitable voltage and SoC alarms to permit manual intervention with a generator.

Back