diy solar

diy solar

low voltage transfer

JimCrozier

I have two different batteries that I want the ability to switch between - just the red wire. I am using 4 gage wire. I am looking for a single pole switch with 3 connections.
What know ye?
Jim

Can you clarify how much current, voltage, 3 connections? Good source=Auto parts store. Often switching lower voltage, high current through a switch is better done through a relay wired to a switch.

Can you clarify how much current, voltage, 3 connections? Good source=Auto parts store. Often switching lower voltage, high current through a switch is better done through a relay wired to a switch.
Thanks. 12v/up to 50amp. I'm using #4 stranded wire. I would prefer a switch I can screw to a plywood backboard. I only want to switch the red wire. One connection goes to the breaker that connects to the charge controller, 12v fuse block, and the inverter. The other two connections go to the positive terminal of each of the battery packs. I have two batteries packs that are of different types and not recommended to connect in parallel, but I want to be able to easily switch between them.

For trusted brands, check out Blue Sea.

For your relatively low 50A, it is more likely you can get away with almost anything.
But when we see wire lug landing on top of a nut, so current goes through the nut, concern about overheating.

Amazon link for Ampper:

Blue Sea link:

$59 vs. $42

Back