diy solar

diy solar

Lower PV input AIO

rogueluke

First time getting into solar. I want to make a hand truck solar cart similar to what will did here

This would just be for power outage backup but i would like the ability to charge via solar even if slow. My main concern with using the EG4 3000EHV-48 like he did is the minimum solar in is 120VDC and Will recommends 4 400Watt panels. I just dont have room for that many panels. my plan was to mount as many 100W panels on my shed as i could.

I was looking at the MPP PIP 3048 LV-MK which has a 60-115VDC solar input. Is that a good unit?

Keep in mind the inverter likely has a 50-60 watt idle power consumption.

Include the inverter idle power with your average AC consumption for PV panel power needs.

Mostly just looking for power outage coverage for lights and keeping deep freezer going. I don't really plan for it to be on all the time. Mostly just for backup power. Maybe charge my ego batteries or something in the summer so not too worried about that. My main concern is the recommended inverters seem to have a high pv voltage requirement. Does that inverter look good? Are there better options? Would I be better off with just buying an inverter and separate charge controllers AC and Solar?

Back