diy solar

diy solar

LV-6548 + Trophy SOC conflict

jason_jabide_com

Hello. Long time lurker, first-time poster.

Last year I put solar into our cottage. Some LG-Bifacials connected to LV-6548 connected to 2 Trophy 48V 110AH battery. Everything was working great last year. So great and easy I didnt tweak the system at all. I just let it run, and it was great.

Disconnected the batteries for 4 months (the cottage is on an island and I wasn't sure what I should do). Stored Batteries at room temperature, the LV-6548 was left on the island (disconnected from the PV).

I just brought the batteries back to island and installed everything. I can run the inverter and our electrical outlets fine. However, charging is the issue. The batteries (both) now read 38.4AH but it's not charging any further. The LV-6548 is flashing 'charging' it also shows the battery state to be 75%->100% ( on the LV 6548 display). However, the battery displays each show the 38.4AH and NO amperage in. I am assuming that the battery displays are correct.

Any ideas where I can begin to troubleshoot this issue? Any pointers would be great. Much thanks

Do you have close lope communication with the batteries?
No, I dont believe so.
The only item between the batteries and the LV-6548 is the +/- cables (via a bus bar).
I believe there is a CAN port and 1 (or two) RS-485 ports on the batteries. So is that how the LV-6548 'knows' the SOC of the batteries is via these comm protocols? I could work on setting those up. As mentioned everything worked so swimmingly out-of-the-box that I didnt do any further setup.

No, I dont believe so.
The only item between the batteries and the LV-6548 is the +/- cables (via a bus bar).
I believe there is a CAN port and 1 (or two) RS-485 ports on the batteries. So is that how the LV-6548 'knows' the SOC of the batteries is via these comm protocols? I could work on setting those up. As mentioned everything worked so swimmingly out-of-the-box that I didnt do any further setup.

Yes if the inverter does not have a dedicated rj4 cable to the battery, then the battery SOC on the inverter is just an estimate based on the voltage.

What is the absorbe and float voltages set at in your inverter?

1) When I arrived both batteries were at 100% .. odd.
2) However, I will use this time to setup the BMS Communication betweeen the batteries and the Inverter. (new topic)
3) I only potentially changed two configuration on the lv-6548. Setting the Battery to users (5), the 'Bulk charging voltage' (26) to 58v, and the 'Floating charging voltage (27) to 54.4v. (its unclear where I got that advice). Are those reasonable numbers for the Trophy LiFePO4s?

thx

I know this is off topic (but given that I'm off the front page I don't think its an issue).

All Okay @Sun-in-lithium.17065 in NW AB, with the wildfires? Im from NE AB so I have some shit memories of wildfires in the McMurray area.

Hope you are safe!

1) When I arrived both batteries were at 100% .. odd.
2) However, I will use this time to setup the BMS Communication betweeen the batteries and the Inverter. (new topic)
3) I only potentially changed two configuration on the lv-6548. Setting the Battery to users (5), the 'Bulk charging voltage' (26) to 58v, and the 'Floating charging voltage (27) to 54.4v. (its unclear where I got that advice). Are those reasonable numbers for the Trophy LiFePO4s?

thx
58 seems a bit high. I would suggest 56.5 bulk.
54.4v float is good.

I know this is off topic (but given that I'm off the front page I don't think its an issue).

All Okay @Sun-in-lithium.17065 in NW AB, with the wildfires? Im from NE AB so I have some shit memories of wildfires in the McMurray area.

Hope you are safe!
Yes we are safe. the rain really helped.

I'm west of grande Prairie, 45 minutes
So, not to close to any big fires.
There were a few small fire's that started close by. But were controlled quickly.

Yes fort McMurray was crazy I personally know a family that lost their house there.

Yes we are safe. the rain really helped.

I'm west of grande Prairie, 45 minutes
So, not to close to any big fires.
There were a few small fire's that started close by. But were controlled quickly.

Yes fort McMurray was crazy I personally know a family that lost their house there.
Yeah my parents lost theirs, I had left well before then. Be safe and thanks for the advice. Cheers

Back