diy solar

diy solar

Massive Tesla Solar Powered EV Charging Station in Barstow California

Solar powered when the sun is shining. Gas powered the rest of the time.

As annoying as I find Tesla sometimes, they do good hardware and their inverters are impressive. Bifacial panels look so much better from underneath, I wonder if they sealed the panel gaps to make an actual watertight roof out of them too.

When are we enthusiasts gonna switch to big AL wire like that, it's the future in a copper scarce world. Once Home Depot starts carrying it I guess.

As annoying as I find Tesla sometimes, they do good hardware and their inverters are impressive. Bifacial panels look so much better from underneath, I wonder if they sealed the panel gaps to make an actual watertight roof out of them too.

When are we enthusiasts gonna switch to big AL wire like that, it's the future in a copper scarce world. Once Home Depot starts carrying it I guess.
My installer friend keeps trying to convince me to use aluminum. You have no choice but to use aluminum conductors for large installations. The cost savings are incredible. Just need to know how to install it properly and you're set.

They look like QCELL bifacial panels. If so that is good. Only company that will be manufacturing PV Panels entirely within North America.

I think what Elon is doing is great… it’s the future of our civilization in many ways…sometimes THINGS don’t work as planned… that goes with being cutting edge progressive .
I hope that you like what he is doing as it’s been 50 years since we had this type cat creating stuff on this level…
he ain’t perfect but he’s a hundred years above everyone else and has changed the world…
GO ELON… LOVE YA , DUDE..

I think what Elon is doing is great… it’s the future of our civilization in many ways…sometimes THINGS don’t work as planned… that goes with being cutting edge progressive .
I hope that you like what he is doing as it’s been 50 years since we had this type cat creating stuff on this level…
he ain’t perfect but he’s a hundred years above everyone else and has changed the world…
GO ELON… LOVE YA , DUDE..

tru dat

Reactions: JRH
The way I see is: Imagine in the next few years, everyone is going to install solar panels at their homes and everyone is capable to install their own charging stations at their own homes. Then nobody will go there.

Why seal the gaps? They serve as expansion joints!

I believe large water cooled converters. For DC charging. You can see radiators at the tops of the units.

I have not seen any Tesla mega packs implemented at any of the EV chargers nearby.
They most certainly have batteries on site some place, just prob doesn’t have the marketing wank advertising mega pack).

That many chargers all charging at max output has huge huge demand, the size of a decent size town, 5-10mw, by using batteries they are able to clip their peak demand (and peak demand charge by the utility).

There are maybe a dozen Tesla chargers in NH both sides of i93 and have been there for 7 years or so, about 5 years ago they installed a battery to shave peak demand and save costs.

Back