diy solar

diy solar

Meet Jenny.

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
When Jenny and me first got together, my buddy Bill was obviously jealous, saying that she was cheap and wouldn't stick around. Sure I would have preferred to date a generator that was assembled in North America from Chinese parts but I just couldn't justify twice the price so I had to settle for a generator that was assembled in China from Chinese parts.
Either way, I didn't bother to tell Bill that I only intended to use Jenny sparingly and only as a supplement to my solar, (and soon wind), generation to provide power and top off batteries during periods of low solar gain so that I could be assured of maintaining the three, essential, basic functions of human life as follows, (in order of importance): 1) Watching Star trek. 2) Watching The Big Bang Theory, (doesn't Sheldon remind you just a little bit of someone that we all know and love)? and 3) Providing power to operate my 220 Vac, 2300 watt upon starting then 1800 watt for running, deep well water pump.
Over the past five years or so that we have been together, Jenny has received twice yearly oil changes. I expected that I would have to replace her puny starting battery after a couple of years with a full sized deep cycle marine battery and in fact I did. Her LCD status readout gave up the ghost within the first three hours of run time but I don't care, I still love her just the way she is. Other than sounding like banging two trash can lids together when she runs and the fact that she drinks propane like a fish, (Jenny is dual fuel and I only ran propane through her once and that was enough, gasoline lasts much, longer and cost way less), Jenny has done the one and only important thing that she has needed to do, every time, and that is generate electricity reliably.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_170913.jpg
    IMG_20191004_170913.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20191004_205108.jpg
    IMG_20191004_205108.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20191004_191716.jpg
    IMG_20191004_191716.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
  • I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happenin' at the same time. I miss you Jenny. If there's anything you need. I won't be far away.

Gump sat alone on a bench in the park, “my name is Forrest” he casually remarked.
waitin’ for the bus with his hands in his pockets, he just kept saying liiife is like a booox of chocolates.

Jenny and I keep no secrets from each other and she has full access to my internUt devices including reading this forum ... juss saying ...

I think it's a BR-549.
THE COOL THING about innovative car sales persons like Junior is that they are dedicated to finding new ways to reduce the price of cars. Used cars for example were becoming too costly so the car dealership industry developed a new product called "previously owned cars" and this drove the cost of vehicle ownership down.

THE COOL THING about innovative car sales persons like Junior is that they are dedicated to finding new ways to reduce the price of cars. Used cars for example were becoming too costly so the car dealership industry developed a new product called "previously owned cars" and this drove the cost of vehicle ownership down.

They've now gone one further and call them "preciously titled automobiles". Similar to banks calling a 2nd mortgage a "Home equity loan". And big pharma calling manic depression "bi-polar disease" so they could legally market drugs for it. And the ironic thing about that is manic depression was treated with lithium. Though I suspect not the same lithium we talk about here.....

They've now gone one further and call them "preciously titled automobiles". Similar to banks calling a 2nd mortgage a "Home equity loan". And big pharma calling manic depression "bi-polar disease" so they could legally market drugs for it. And the ironic thing about that is manic depression was treated with lithium. Though I suspect not the same lithium we talk about here.....
I knew there was something calming about working with solar... turns out it’s the batteries...

~~ I hear you loud and clear Eddie and if you want to save even more money on purchasing a vehicle, ask the dealership if they have any, "previously operated vehicles", (they usually do but you have to ask for them because they keep them at the back of the lot to sell to friends and family)!
~~ But how about one of the biggest rouses of all currently ongoing at a publicly funded, privately operated, public "education" and common core brainwashing monopoly near you, it's called FINANCIAL AID, which is a nifty marketing scheme that usually begins during the freshman or sophomore years of high school by setting up the students to go into hock for college, (aka extended high school), for a degree in something, anything! Upon signing on the dotted line, FINANCIAL AID, miraculously transforms into a student loan!
~~ And if you speak up as a soverign individual and suggest that maybe it's time to step back and take a look at the dangers and drawbacks of having created a USA proletarat by collectively raising and programming a society of motherless future voters who vote for their own enslavement to the governing, lowest common denominator, your this guy. Still, be this guy. Have a thoughtful day and live it it to the fullest.august landmesser2.jpg

Back