diy solar

diy solar

Midnite nonpolarized 2-pole breaker question

JJJJ

Aspiring apprentice
This should be simple. Looking for options on a Midnite nonpolarized 2-pole breaker.

Says they are new and available. Nice, at 10000 AIC

However when I go to their web site, they indicate they are polarized

I am confused...

Yep. Been studying it for hours. Looks like advertisement contradicts their web page.

1677154814108.png

1677154891595.png

Last edited:
Polarized and non-polarized breakers? What is the different use cases?
My limited knowledge says polarized capacitors are for DC or rectified AC, and non-polarized capacitors are (2) polarized capacitors sharing a package with their negative ends joined so they can pass AC.
Am I close? Thanks for enlightenment @timselectric

Polarized and non-polarized breakers? What is the different use cases?
My limited knowledge says polarized capacitors are for DC or rectified AC, and non-polarized capacitors are (2) polarized capacitors sharing a package with their negative ends joined so they can pass AC.
Am I close? Thanks for enlightenment @timselectric
Polarized breakers are old technology, and sometimes cheaper. They can only safely quench the DC arc, if wired in the correct polarity.
Non Polarized breakers work in either direction.

The following clarifying statement from the MN site for the breaker from the OP, helps explain:
"MNEPV30-300 is discontinued and replaced with MNEPV30-300-1PNP"

FWIW, Luke

Yes, it is discontinued, but vendors are still selling their inventory.
Indeed, just be careful which P/N is specified.

It seems that the NP, High Voltage MN breakers have generally been slow in arriving in the North America distribution channel.

MidNite has had some of the new line of breakers which they install in the new 600 VDC Barcelona and Hawke's Bay CC Breaker Boxes, and those are shipping, now.

Luke

Back