diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar PIP6048MT and Heltec BMS communication problem

Tama0218

Hello Everyone,

I have an MPP Solar PIP6048MT inverter with a Heltec 16s 200A BMS. They use Lib protocol and RS-485. The inverter is connented to my Domoticz system. I installed this BMS in September last year. It worked fine for months. But I started to see "spikes" in the battery percentage few weeks ago. So I looked into what is causing this problem. I caught the phenomenon on camera. Here is this video from my Youtube chanel. The warning code 32 is indicating that the communication is lost between the display and the inverter. So at first I looked for conctaction problems but I didn't find any.
After that I made a test. I disconnected the RS-485 BMS communication cable (and set the inverter parameter no. 5 from 'Lib' to 'Use', so it didn't try read the BMS). And now this issue is gone.
What seems to be to problem here?

Ps.: I contacted the MPP Solar support. They said that this BMS is not compatible with my inverter, but I didn't think so. It worked, and it is communicating even now. They suggested that I should use with "Use" setting and without the BMS communication. But I don't think it is a good idea. What do you think about it? Here's a part from their letter: This "Heltec" BMS is NOT a supported one (you can see that from 6048MT user manual under battery type), so your only choice is to go with "user defined" mode, and then program bulk/float charge settings = "maximum volt" and low cut off setting = "minimum volt" of this battery.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 16S Communication BMS Compatible With Inverters Specifications(1).pdf
    616.8 KB · Views: 0
Back