diy solar

diy solar

need a little help with the right chargecontroller!

Another option on the frames that might be easier would be to lift the panels and put a furring strip or blocks along the inner lip to raise them up an inch or so to bring the glass up flush with the outer lip.
This is a awesome idea... Thank you...

The little lip will also allow the accumulation of debris for additional shading potential.

@Rednecktek is a closet smurf, and someone already mentioned it, but I thought that since we made it to page two, I should make sure you don't miss it...

Victron 150/45 would work nicely :)

The little lip will also allow the accumulation of debris for additional shading potential.

@Rednecktek is a closet smurf, and someone already mentioned it, but I thought that since we made it to page two, I should make sure you don't miss it...

Victron 150/45 would work nicely :)
I'd go with two 150/35s for redundancy. But I'm addicted to them.

I have a solar Array 2400w that i want to run a 48v system with... Need some suggestions of charge controllers. SO many to choose from!???? Please!
What is your budget? Do you need bullet proof quality plus all the bells and whistles such as remote monitoring, surround sound and communication with your batteries? Or would a very plain SCC do it?

The basics such as needing about a 50a charge rating is a starting point in your selection process. After that is deciding all the features you want and the quality to price ratio. It can go from reasonable price up to some really large dollar amounts.

Back