diy solar

diy solar

Need help connecting panel strings for PV combiner ( series / Parallel wiring options)

lolo kauai

First time caller:
I would appreciate any suggestions in wiring my proposed system
10 x 410w panels
Six string 15a ea. circuit combiner box,
48v 3500w inverter/charger
8 x 48v 50ah lithium Batteries
The combiner box would be placed with solar array but the system could be up to 200' from the home ( shade in bamboo forrest)Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 1.07.04 PM.png

I really need help with Series / Parallel stringing to send the correct and most efficient loads to the Combiner box.

BTW the Renege 48v inverter/ charger:
Max input power 4400w
Max input current 50A

Would be nice to have the complete specifications of the solar panels. Is 40V the Open Circuit Voltage or Normal Operating Voltage? Also, there was no mention of the Max PV input voltage which is VERY important. According to the info I found on the internet its 145V.

A rough layout for the Solar Panel wiring would be 3 groups of 3 panels in series, 3S3P, which would produce 120V (per string, which is still 120V when connected in Parallel using the combiner box) and 10A per string or group) which = 30A.

That's only 9 panels, the 10th panel cannot be used. If 2 more panels were purchased, a 4th series string could be added to the combiner box bringing the input amps up to 40. Total Wattage would then be 4,920 so the system would be over paneled but most PV arrays do not produce the full STC rated output anyway. If there were to be that perfect solar day, the charge controller would simply not consume 100% of the amperage available. The CRITICAL factor is not to exceed the PV input voltage rating.

Thank you Wizard!
I will get panel voltage specs and Max PV input voltage of the inverter as soon as i get home.
Thank you for your help!

Back