diy solar

diy solar

Neey Bluetooth Problem

LoneHort

Hello, I bought the 4th Neey 4A smart balancer and hooked it up for 8s lifepo4 and I cannot connect via bluetooth. Tried both Android Neey 3.1 apk and IOS GEEWEBMS. Both see it and both connect but only for 1 second and then it disconnects. See screenshot here for GEEWE BMS https://photos.app.goo.gl/UeXVE9kZTKNiZLwp8 where it connects but only for a split second and then says disconnected and also video here of Android https://photos.app.goo.gl/EdZCeWVJujvMfYTQ7
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Tearing my hair out there and tried on 3 devices.
Thanks. Michael

Have you configured the unit?

It should let you touch on the three vertical dots at the top right of screen, then set the parameters to match what you have.

I’d say it is set for 16s and you have 8s.

I had a similar issue with my new [identifies as EK-24S3EB not GW-24S4EB ] and recently arrived [ordered 27th August 2023 / Arrived in AU 8th Sept 2023].
My solution was (as mentioned in a few other posts here on the forums plus elsewhere online). The Android apk files on the github neey electronics did not work for me.

NEEY_V1.1_2021-09-10.apk
NEEY_V2.1_2021-09-15.apk
NEEY_V3.1_2021-11-01.apk

At best they saw the Neey unit via Bluetooth connected for less than a second, very briefly you can see the items populate into the interface and then immediately disconnects and displays an error.

The url which Andy has on his Web site, which points to apkpure has a version from 8th April 2023 ( v1.2.26 ) which worked for me.
However something to note. Within the app it displays as Software Version: ZH-1.2.9

Screenshot_20230908_215627_NEEY.jpg

I was then able to change / set the cell quantity and adjust the start/stop voltage and even rename the unit.

Hope this helps others.

Last edited:
Hello, i have the same problem with the OP. I have tried all sort of apps both for Android and IOS but nothing works.
The middle led of the NEEY is flashing red.
However i can see the device on the Bluetooth list on my android phone. On the apps it will never connect when i click SCAN.
I tried also to pair it manually through Bluetooth but it asks for a password.
Anyone can help?

Hello, i have the same problem with the OP. I have tried all sort of apps both for Android and IOS but nothing works.
The middle led of the NEEY is flashing red.
However i can see the device on the Bluetooth list on my android phone. On the apps it will never connect when i click SCAN.
I tried also to pair it manually through Bluetooth but it asks for a password.
Anyone can help?
Follow that apkpure link and install that for Android. Then you will be able to connect and change from the 24s default to the correct number of cells. This is why your red light is likely on.

Follow that apkpure link and install that for Android. Then you will be able to connect and change from the 24s default to the correct number of cells. This is why your red light is likely on.
Thank you! I finally used an old android phone which recognised the balancer.
Neey 4th gen is fantastic. I balanced my battery in a matter of 2 hours!

Hi,

Just installed my Hankzor Balancer, and ran into the same problem of the NEEY apks not scanning the balancer. Downloaded the *apkpure version and it scanned it OK. I was stumped for the password, then tried 123456 (JK BMS for Config screen IIRC), and that worked.

Thanks for the help.

dRdoS7

Back