diy solar

diy solar

New 6500EX-48's are no longer being sold by Signature Solar

Subdood

Photon Wrangler
I was looking around on the Signature Solar site and noticed that they're no longer selling the EG4 6500EX. The page says that the product is being "sunsetted". They are selling refurbished 6500's, though. They have also stopped selling the Megarevo, oops, EG4 8KEXP-240 as well.

So, the question now is, as the EG4 6000 was discontinued and replaced with the Luxpower, sorry, EG4 6000XP, is there a Luxpower (or any other brand) single phase inverter in the works to replace the 6500?

So Megarevo made the the EG4 6500EX inverters? They seem to have a bad reputation from what I have read.
Did the same company make the EG4 6000?

I'm not sure it is a good idea for a distributor to be slapping their own label on an OEM inverter unless they are actually altering it. Does anyone actually think that SS/EG4 is making inverters? What is the upside for SS? Looks like all downside to me. Yeah, I know the same, Megarevo, is on Alibaba.

Signature Solar is EG4, so they take an OEM product over which they have no control and slap their own brand on it and then when
it turns out the product sucks, their brand takes a major hit. What if SS actually sold the product as Megarevo and then when it turns out to have issues, they say we are dropping the Megarevo because it sucks. Sorry, we thought it was good stuff. We are transitioning to Luxpower because they don't suck. That's what most electrical distributors do.

Anyone with some common sense would figure out the OEM for the inverter anyway, then check out their reputation before plopping down $2000.
Those folks that bought the EG4 6500EX inverters must be feeling a bit pale right now! I would be!
Especially if you had plans on adding more inverters.

If I'm going to be spending $2000+ on an inverter, I want to make sure it doesn't suck.

So Megarevo made the the EG4 6500EX inverters? They seem to have a bad reputation from what I have read.
Did the same company make the EG4 6000?
Voltronic makes / made the 6500ex and 6000. Magarevo makes / made the EG4 8k
I'm not sure it is a good idea for a distributor to be slapping their own label on an OEM inverter unless they are actually altering it. Does anyone actually think that SS/EG4 is making inverters? What is the upside for SS? Looks like all downside to me. Yeah, I know the same, Megarevo, is on Alibaba.
I'm sure plenty of uniformed believe they are making inverters.
Signature Solar is EG4, so they take an OEM product over which they have no control and slap their own brand on it and then when
it turns out the product sucks, their brand takes a major hit. What if SS actually sold the product as Megarevo and then when it turns out to have issues, they say we are dropping the Megarevo because it sucks. Sorry, we thought it was good stuff. We are transitioning to Luxpower because they don't suck. That's what most electrical distributors do.

Anyone with some common sense would figure out the OEM for the inverter anyway, then check out their reputation before plopping down $2000.
Those folks that bought the EG4 6500EX inverters must be feeling a bit pale right now! I would be!
Especially if you had plans on adding more inverters.

If I'm going to be spending $2000+ on an inverter, I want to make sure it doesn't suck.
I spent under $1500 delivered for a 10kw split phase and it's awesome.

I wish EG4 would partner up with SRNE for the 'budget' lineup....

So Megarevo made the the EG4 6500EX inverters
I believe they made the EG4 8KEXP-240. The 6500 is supposedly a Voltronic product, similar to the MPP Solar, Rich Solar, Sungold Power 6.5kW inverters.

@Will Prowse reviewed the EG4 8K and had nothing but problems with it. I think he tried a couple different units, and had a lot of issues with the firmware, despite many upgrades. Maybe he knows about a new 6.5kW inverter coming out soon??

I have the EG4 6500EX and it's been pretty solid since I installed it back in April. I got it in October last year, and haven't done any of the upgrades, I'm afraid to do so, since it's been running okay since it was installed. I just ordered an EG4 battery so we'll see how it plays with that.

Last edited:
This is too bad, but then again they had no investment and were just white labeling inverters made by other manufactures. Makes you value victron even more and brands that have skin in the game.

I'm sure plenty of uniformed believe they are making inverters.

Is there a list some place of what Brand Name inverter is made by which OEM ?

For instance:
PowMr 10KW model xxxx is made by SRNE
EG4 6500 XLT Platinum Super Duper is made by ________________.

Perhaps this forum would be a good location for such a list?

The EG4 vs PowMR vs MPP Solar is make believe, fantasy land crap, that only confuses the market.

Is there a list some place of what Brand Name inverter is made by which OEM ?

For instance:
PowMr 10KW model xxxx is made by SRNE
EG4 6500 XLT Platinum Super Duper is made by ________________.

Perhaps this forum would be a good location for such a list?

The EG4 vs PowMR vs MPP Solar is make believe, fantasy land crap, that only confuses the market.
I wish there was... Someone started a shared excel document in a post somewhere on here in the past few months, I should have bookmarked it.

I've found you can normally parse a manual and find references to a model number that gets you back to the OEM. The relabelers don't do a great job, if any, of cleaning up the chinglish manuals...

I was looking around on the Signature Solar site and noticed that they're no longer selling the EG4 6500EX. The page says that the product is being "sunsetted". They are selling refurbished 6500's, though. They have also stopped selling the Megarevo, oops, EG4 8KEXP-240 as well.

So, the question now is, as the EG4 6000 was discontinued and replaced with the Luxpower, sorry, EG4 6000XP, is there a Luxpower (or any other brand) single phase inverter in the works to replace the 6500?
They discontinued it because it was a total fail. Far too many problems with this high frequency, transformerless inverter.

Back