diy solar

diy solar

New design for a waterwheel!

rich4

Came across a design for a water wheel thats 80% efficient and it utilises a low head of water. Who'd of thought that the water wheel could still be improved!

Google "Rotary Hydraulic Pressure Machine"

It is best to report posts you are concerned about. Not accusing in a thread.
I am not totally sure but this is not the forum to outsource links.

I mean if you have something great to share then share it here.

Sure at times we need to link to other sources but in this stage I would advice to keep it here local. If it is something to write home about

I am not totally sure but this is not the forum to outsource links.

I mean if you have something great to share then share it here.

Sure at times we need to link to other sources but in this stage I would advice to keep it here local. If it is something to write home about
Just thought it was interesting that a technology as old as a water wheel still has room for improvement and that people are still researching it. Also the research is public and by the looks of it, well within the scope of a DIY builder to utilise into a more efficient hyrdo power generator.... I'll get my coat...

Came across a design for a water wheel thats 80% efficient and it utilises a low head of water. Who'd of thought that the water wheel could still be improved!

Google "Rotary Hydraulic Pressure Machine"
hello!

water power is very interesting,

may i ask for a link about rotary hydraulic pressure machine?

any pictures are also welcome.

how neat would it be to 3d print some of the parts for such a device!

The research was done by Southampton Univercity. Just google "Rotary Hydraulic Pressure Machine" you'll find loads of pictures and the research papers.

because, as far as I was able to understand this thread, it is not tangible.

Inciting people to go and internet search for something is a rather new phenomenon to me. What if one's search results differ from that of others?

Once again, I can't be certain about the policies of this forum. But if this would have been my forum I would have rather had people state their case right here and now.

I will admit that I could have completely missed the point that is being made here and if so then please accept my humble apologies.

Looks like an interesting design - instead of the water flowing over the top of the water wheel utilizing gravity, the water builds up pressure and flows under the wheel. Clever!
2-Figure1-1.png

but I will raise one thing though. That a new account comes to the aid of a new account

Hmm I am just not sure how to call this scent my nose is experiencing.

because, as far as I was able to understand this thread, it is not tangible.

Inciting people to go and internet search for something is a rather new phenomenon to me. What if one's search results differ from that of others?

Once again, I can't be certain about the policies of this forum. But if this would have been my forum I would have rather had people state their case right here and now.

I will admit that I could have completely missed the point that is being made here and if so then please accept my humble apologies.
Yes, you have rather missed the point. Southampton University has published a paper on a new waterwheel design that is 80% efficient. I am not sure how much more tangible that can be? It's a published paper detailing the design and test results. I could maybe post a PDF file of the paper somewhere if you are unable to search for it. I still don't get your issue....
Once more, just for you, Southampton University has published a paper on a new design of undershot waterwheel. The title of the paper is: "The Rotary Hydraulic Pressure Machine for Very Low Head Hydropower Sites". If you are interested have a google for it. If not, just move on...

I thought it was very interesting and I assumed, wrongly in your case, that others may find it interesting too. Too bad you're obsessed with forum etiquette.

I think you're just trying to troll me now! Over and out!

Yes, you have rather missed the point. Southampton University has published a paper on a new waterwheel design that is 80% efficient. I am not sure how much more tangible that can be? It's a published paper detailing the design and test results. I could maybe post a PDF file of the paper somewhere if you are unable to search for it. I still don't get your issue....
Once more, just for you, Southampton University has published a paper on a new design of undershot waterwheel. The title of the paper is: "The Rotary Hydraulic Pressure Machine for Very Low Head Hydropower Sites". If you are interested have a google for it. If not, just move on...

I thought it was very interesting and I assumed, wrongly in your case, that others may find it interesting too. Too bad you're obsessed with forum etiquette.

I think you're just trying to troll me now! Over and out!
You can attach a PDF file to a post ... there might be some limit to the size.

Kinda looks to me like he is just working on getting his post count up by posting several nonsensical posts in a row.

Kinda looks to me like he is just working on getting his post count up by posting several nonsensical posts in a row.
hahah yes, I do tend to ramble alot do not I?

And yes I'll admit that some of it is just because I like the interaction, the dopamine hit so to speak. It is a real thing that has gotten our children captive these days.

But with a proud and raised head I can state that I am here with good intentions, including to lookout after this forum.

Back