diy solar

diy solar

Newbie hello and probably a dumb question net meeting

Brimarr

Hello, I recently put together a off grid backup system consisting of a Sungold power 6048 240v all in one inverter and 2 x Sungold 5.12 KW 48v batteries and 10 X 545w Panels installed on my roof. I do not have net metering meter installed, but turn "Solar feed to grid" on my solar inverter will excess solar generated feed my houses current demand during the daytime reducing my overall consumption and just not spin my meter backwards and not convert as much if my demand is lower than the available capacity or do I have to flip over my transfer switches for loads to get powered by solar when my batteries are full and the sun is out?

You want solar feed to grid turned off if you are not setup for net metering.

That said I can't wrap my head around what you have setup so I can't comment much past that point.

I have mine setup like this.

Grid Power goes into :

Main electrical panel which has a breaker in it that goes to :

Sungold Tp6048 which has its output going to :

Sub panel which powers all things I want on solar.

Anything that I don't want powered by solar stayed in that main electrical panel and its sub panels.

I have a transfer switch by that just switches from the inverter to the generator.

Slightly off topic, but satisfied are you with the Sungold TP6048? Sungold products? I'm just a beginner looking to install a 'whole house' system. These sungold products look great price-wise compared to EG4, but wonder about warranty, customer support, problems?

Thanks!

Slightly off topic, but satisfied are you with the Sungold TP6048? Sungold products? I'm just a beginner looking to install a 'whole house' system. These sungold products look great price-wise compared to EG4, but wonder about warranty, customer support, problems?

Thanks!
Love em. I have no problems with mine other than messing up the display which was my fault and they instantly mailed me a replacement at no cost and didn't make me jump thru hoops like most of the companies do.

I will continue to buy their products at this rate.

Thank you! Still searching after all these years. :) :) :)

Does that single unit support split phase 240v or does that require Two 6048s?
seems a bit unclear from the website. Maybe just me.

Oops sorry I see now! Does require 2 units for 240 split phase.

Last edited:
Its split phase with a single unit 120volts + 120volts and handles 450 volts worth of solar too.

6000 watts split phase and can be run in parallel with up to 9 units for 54kw worth of power if needed and can surge to 162kw with 9 of them for 3 seconds.

Back