diy solar

diy solar

Odd behaviour Growatt MOD 6KTL-3XH with ARK 10.2 Battery

ArjenY

Hello solar Friends,

This is my first post and i am not an native English speaking guy. So sorry for my English. I am from The Netherlands.
at my home i have a Growatt MOD 6KTL-3XH with ARK 10.2 Battery system installed 2 weeks ago with 10 panels at West and 12 at East 7.9 kWp total.

At the beginning i had some 217 errors but after an firmware update from a Growatt support guy, that is solved.

But i have soms strange behaviour i can not place or find anything about it. Sometimes when my battery is already full(stop charge at 95%) for a couple of hours i am experiencing a sudden export limit. Sun is full at my west panels but i only see balancing and no export to the net. Today i worked fine until 18:45... I could test it was not my solar panels because i changed my battery charge stop to 100%... And my PV1 power came back on again. Magic...

So no export limit is enabled or set in the settings. Load first is on. The system must export to the net( in the Netherlands we get good pay for exporting)..

I have no logs no error or else. Battery is at 95% not even at 100%.

Anyone experienced something like this with a growatt+battery?

I would suggest looking at what grid frequency and/or voltage is doing when it happens. An increase in grid frequency and/or voltage would cause a load reduction. I do not have that inverter so can’t tell you where to find your inverter grid code settings but for the MIN-XH-US it’s under the “grid code” menu.

It Looks like it is the same behaviour in the morning. My PV already is delivering power but then the inverter starts ticking and the systems starts-up again. But then de battery is not full and the PV starts kicking in full gear.

In the late afternoon or evening(when battery is full) a rain cloud is blocking the sun than the Inverter is shutting down the PV. And when the sun comes back it stays shutted down.

Back