diy solar

diy solar

Off grid people ill-prepared

LOL.
I'm certainly not in any way anti-gun.. but seriously, your math is very much incorrect. So much so, it would distort your own reality.

The numbers are not strong in you grasshopper..

Or his use of "%"

But don't worry. Many progressive DA here favor no incarceration. Especially for offenders of a preferred race.
e.g. "non-carceral punishment" for someone who killed a toddler in a freeway shootout.

How can anyone oppose access to guns by law abiding citizens,
yet oppose locking up anyone who commits a violent crime with a gun?

And then demand prosecution of police when they shoot someone who had shot at them, or brandished a gun?

We need to lock up more people. The violence problem in the US is largely violent people who weren't locked up after the first offense.

And shame on the senior members here jumping in.

Keep it solar or take it downstairs.
Stop with the self righteous crap.

Tell your Aussie friends to stop with the passive aggressive nonsense and the SJW comparisons.

If they don’t start then I won’t have to defend.

I will not let that crap stand and you shouldn’t either.

Last edited:
Or his use of "%"

But don't worry. Many progressive DA here favor no incarceration. Especially for offenders of a preferred race.
e.g. "non-carceral punishment" for someone who killed a toddler in a freeway shootout.

How can anyone oppose access to guns by law abiding citizens,
yet oppose locking up anyone who commits a violent crime with a gun?

And then demand prosecution of police when they shoot someone who had shot at them, or brandished a gun?

We need to lock up more people. The violence problem in the US is largely violent people who weren't locked up after the first offense.

I have to disagree with that..

We need to execute more people... I don't want to pay to feed and house the filth of our society. If they find someone a serial rapist or cold blooded murderer, they should put one in the brain bucket and then throw them in the dumpster. If you get caught with a 10 year old girl chained up in a safe room, same thing.. or if you're caught kidnapping someone's child (that isn't yours)..

I remember stories.. One media story of a man who set his wife or girlfriend on fire.. Same thing, one in the brain, throw them in the dumpster.

I'm all for trying to rehabilitate someone who grabbed a television and ran out of the store, or someone caught with a baggie of drugs, or even someone who killed someone accidentally (drunk driving, street fight, etc).. But the predators without conscious should be done away with.

Again, I'm all for accountability and responsibility, so if we find a prosecutor tipping the scales during a trial, they too should be held to pay for their behavior.

but 160% the HP of my Cat D6. With oversize backhoe and blade, I had to take a running start at hills. Then as it slowed down, pull the clutches and step on the breaks to let RPM wind up again.

?
I could use a D6 around here for about a month. Actually wouldn't need to be nearly that big. A D4 would be plenty. I'll probably rent one when I ever get around to it, but it's going to be a learning curve for me. Haven't been on a dozer much since I was young and those all had the hand clutches and brakes, which worked great. I'll have to make some adjustments to the joystick thing.

That’s enough. I’ve seen good forums badly degraded by this type of stuff.

I like your typical post… I agree with you on many things, but unles I’m mistaken, the original threads title was concerning “ unprepared offgrider people” or whatever…
I firmly think being prepared is a broad brush that is being addressed… perhaps people who have invested their life in being prepared realize that having the ability and the right to defend property and their family is certainly pertinent to this conversation…( within the scope of the topic) …

Be it gold , knowledge ammo , skills , physical health or guns… they all play into the topic…
the fact that senior members are actively involved in the discussion should give a hint to its perceived value by some very smart people.

Thank you for your time……J.

Isn't there an off-topic/chit chat zone forum specifically for things like gun discussions? Can this thread be split with the gun parts going in the off-topic forum?

I like your typical post… I agree with you on many things, but unles I’m mistaken, the original threads title was concerning “ unprepared offgrider people” or whatever…
Specifically for solar related as indicated by examples provided as steps to take and in a forum titled "DIY Solar Discussion". This other discussion provides zero value to people wanting to find out how to make sure they have a reliable working off grid power system.

That’s enough. I’ve seen good forums badly degraded by this type of stuff.

I would agree that this thread belongs in the "Chit Chat Zone".

But I do find it refreshing that there are still corners of the internet where respectful civil discussions can still be had, and have truly appreciated reading the majority of the non-solar (but still off-grid/prep-related) discussion in this thread, and I'm thankful for what's been shared by the "senior members".

That Covid craziness was very BAD, I will definitely grant you that.
It's good that you can acknowledge the abuse.

But it did not last very long, and its completely over now.
While I hope and pray you're right, it seems far more likely that was just the warm-up.

We will definitely watch what happens on TV, when law and order in the US (such as it is) totally breaks down.
The implication from this comment is that you harbor some sort of demented fantasy to witness mayhem as a consequence of stubborn Americans refusing to yield their constitutionally-enshrined rights, and disarm themselves. Meanwhile, I've already watched in horror what happens in Oz and Canada when the government swings authoritarian. Given the choice between complete tyranny/authoritarianism and Mad Max-style anarchy, I'm not sure which is worse... I do know that, given the choice, I'd rather be on equal footing with those who'd harm me and mine.

MR RHINO…..
I agree with you..it is too much of a hot potato topic to be in a solar power forum…BOTH sides need to refrain from provoking the other side…that’s how these cat fights evolve….J.

I have to disagree with that..

We need to execute more people... I don't want to pay to feed and house the filth of our society. If they find someone a serial rapist or cold blooded murderer, they should put one in the brain bucket and then throw them in the dumpster. If you get caught with a 10 year old girl chained up in a safe room, same thing.. or if you're caught kidnapping someone's child (that isn't yours)..

I remember stories.. One media story of a man who set his wife or girlfriend on fire.. Same thing, one in the brain, throw them in the dumpster.

I'm all for trying to rehabilitate someone who grabbed a television and ran out of the store, or someone caught with a baggie of drugs, or even someone who killed someone accidentally (drunk driving, street fight, etc).. But the predators without conscious should be done away with.

Again, I'm all for accountability and responsibility, so if we find a prosecutor tipping the scales during a trial, they too should be held to pay for their behavior.
I feel the exact same way.
When I was younger. I thought that criminals should be sentenced to life, instead of death. Because death was the easy way out. And I believed that they should actually suffer for a long time.
Then I became a taxpayer. And realized that I was the one suffering for their crimes.
100% for sure guilty should equal no more breathing.
And a bullet is the least expensive for the taxpayers.
And a dumpster is where all of the trash belongs.

I feel the exact same way.
When I was younger. I thought that criminals should be sentenced to life, instead of death. Because death was the easy way out. And I believed that they should actually suffer for a long time.
Then I became a taxpayer. And realized that I was the one suffering for their crimes.
100% for sure guilty should equal no more breathing.
And a bullet is the least expensive for the taxpayers.
And a dumpster is where all of the trash belongs.
After a criminal has been in prison for a long time, prison is normal.. no longer a punishment.. It just becomes the new way of life. This is especially true for lifers with no hope of getting out. Meanwhile, we're stuck with $50 to $80 grand a year to keep them there.

Execution is more expensive than life in prison.
Only because we make it more expensive. For open-and-shut prosecutions, where the police raid your home and find a 10 year old chained up in your basement.. the process should be a trial followed by a dumpster.

We make it more expensive because of the previous dishonorable behavior of the prosecutions, or the inadequate defense put on by a public defender.. But this should only apply to cases were the evidence is circumstantial, convicted by science, or poor science, or convicted because of faulty or fraudulent eye witness testimony. But as I said, when its open and shut, then dumpster.

After a criminal has been in prison for a long time, prison is normal.. no longer a punishment.. It just becomes the new way of life. This is especially true for lifers with no hope of getting out. Meanwhile, we're stuck with $50 to $80 grand a year to keep them there.

Only because we make it more expensive. For open-and-shut prosecutions, where the police raid your home and find a 10 year old chained up in your basement.. the process should be a trial followed by a dumpster.

We make it more expensive because of the previous dishonorable behavior of the prosecutions, or the inadequate defense put on by a public defender.. But this should only apply to cases were the evidence is circumstantial, convicted by science, or poor science, or convicted because of faulty or fraudulent eye witness testimony. But as I said, when its open and shut, then dumpster.
Answering in the Chit Chat Zone so as not to derail this thread any further.

Who's going to read it there?
This thread is still here.
We were answering your reply.
I think we'll keep him occupied in the chit chat zone for awhile ?.

Back to the ill prepared topic. How do you find motivation to build a ground mount in heat and humidity with thunder storms passing through?
I'm now designing (in my head) the gutter system on the bottom of the array to collect rain water so I can pump it from the cistern, I already have figured out, to my garden.

Keep in mind that for the largest power consumers in an ordinary home (air conditioners, heat pumps, refrigerators) it goes through an inverter anyway. If you take that loss at the source or within the appliance - doesn't matter too much.

Application...

*IF* you could get the appliances you mentioned in reliable, reasonably priced and available DC versions, that argument goes out the window.

See DC water well pumps for example.

My biggest complaint is designed for obsolescence and replacment instead of repair and upgrade.
It's social engineering to want "New, Latest-Greatest" instead of maximizing return on investment.

Out of sight, out of mind, see water well pumps again.
The pumps I'm using have been around for at least 30 years (don't know when they were invented, went on the market), are rebuildable, the design basically hasn't changed, and the origional manufacturer still makes all rebuild parts.

Industral, high efficiency fridges and freezers are easily rebuildable, as another example.
Yes, they are more expensive than 'Consumer' goods, but return on investment over time way more than make up the initial purchase price.

It's all in the application...

Back