diy solar

diy solar

Opened up a ruixu battery. Not impressed...

Over spec'd in many ways. You have to love that. So many other battery manufacturers are doing dodgy manipulation of parameters to make it appear as if the battery has a long life when in reality it doesn't but this is the real deal.

Wow, copying the BB design could be trivial:
$278 for the batteries.. Would need a spot welder though... and a 3D printer for the battery trays.

Ok, I had to see if I got the shoddy Ruixu 100ah so I could sleep. Bought it a couple months ago and it’s been driving me loco wondering.
So psychotically throwing the warranty
aside but forging ahead........?
Yep they sent me the newer cheap build version. ?
Looks like Ruixu can not be trusted!!
Going to take some big time TLC for a long time to gain any trust back?
Ruixu? Are you listening????

Well at least I got good cells but the crappy BMS. I might put it back together with a good BMS in a clear case like Will mentioned that way I could see inside that
$700 box O ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

0895338F-A745-49B8-B390-3C759FF6804A.jpeg35015815-98D6-42A1-970C-92243D6CB10D.jpeg071A1B92-2BB8-4F63-8AB6-ACF2C5A62025.jpegDDAD0AEA-396B-4616-A21A-14FC1C519321.jpeg

Last edited:
@MrNatural22 it at last appears that an adult with experience soldered things on yours from what I could gleen, compared to that mess Will opened up. GEEZ, my new pack arrives tomorrow (per UPS tracking) and while it's a Shunbin, these "explorations" and Delta-V's forensic dig into his, I must say I'm feeling somewhat edgy having dropped $4K CAD on it.

@MrNatural22 it at last appears that an adult with experience soldered things on yours from what I could gleen, compared to that mess Will opened up. GEEZ, my new pack arrives tomorrow (per UPS tracking) and while it's a Shunbin, these "explorations" and Delta-V's forensic dig into his, I must say I'm feeling somewhat edgy having dropped $4K CAD on it.

Here’s a shot of the solder joint out of the 5 BMS wiring to the neg case terminal. Looks ok ?
Four 14g wires in.
Five 16g wire out of BMS.
Logical thinking says for a 100ah LiFePo battery the BMS wiring should be at least 10g even 12g for high safe current use.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I does look like they got it up to temperature but my concern with it is that there doesn't seem to be any mechanical support there. Electrical solder is there for conductivity, not mechanical support. If enough current flows to heat things up to the point where the solder becomes plastic odds on the wires are going to move due to tension in the cable (bends etc). The joint might start to split increasing resistance, more heat etc or it might outright pop open.Consider where that joint is sitting next. It's probably right in contact with the cells. It's not really a good thing to have a high resistance joint (from splitting etc) getting nice and toasty where it could melt through its own insulation and the thin plastic sheet on the cell and make contact with the metal shell of the cell.

A lot of this is worst case scenario but we are talking about thing that can store over 1kWh of energy so we really don't want uncontrolled current flows.

All up not disastrous, but not really the sort of thing I'd want to see in a battery.

Back