diy solar

diy solar

Optimising Cheap Rate Overnight

deedoubleyoo

Hi, I have a Sofar Solar HYD6000-ES invertor and 6 Pylontech ES2000 batteries.
I want to charge the batteries during cheap rate (00.00 - 5.00am).
However I also heat my autistic son's therapy swimming pool on cheap rate from 00.00 - 5.00am (13.5kw heater)
If I set one rule on the invertor to charge the batteries between 00.00 - 05.00 will there be any conflict with the pool eg they will want to discharge as there is such a massive pull from the pool?
Will I need to (if it is possible?) set another rule telling the batteries not to discharge between 00.00 and 05.00?
Really sorry if this is a stupid question.
Any help would be appreciated. I also wondered what the 'charge' option should be set to in the rules?
Thanks.
David

Give it a go, there isn't a downside. I don't know the throughput of your inverter but if its over 13kW, it should charge your batteries too. Perhaps worst case is you use grid and battery to heat pool and then when heater turns off, it should charge your batteries.

Hi, this has all been running splendidly since I put a single rule in to charge between 00:00 and 05:00. However we moved from GMT to BST last night which means my cheap rate is now 01:00 - 06:00.
When I checked the clock on the Sofar this morning. It was still running on GMT and hadn't moved to BST, meaning I would not need to change the time on my 'rule'.
Does anybody know if my Sofar will stay on GMT or will it sync to BST later today. (I keep popping into the loft to check)
I could manually change it to BST and change the rule but I'd then be worried it would sync back to GMT.
Any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks.
David

Back