diy solar

diy solar

Ordered new batteries from USA/Canadian company and they are not honouring their warranty

holy shit guys

do I have to give you apes the complete story perbatim

I told them up front In the first email that I was given 3 extra and asked them what to do

they kept insisting on knowing the info on all 7 of the batteries

the option has always been on the table to either replace or refund the 4 , and asked if they would warranty them all , it been up to them

yah sure , it would be great to have all seven replaced , they owe me 4

the renogy charger is set for 14.6 , battery specs say 14.2 to 14.6

one charger I have that is broken i set for 14.2 , all tests where done

and dude with the you get what you deserve crap , wow , wasn’t there to refuse shit , it’s not my mistake to fix , they never gave me the info on shipping , so how the world am I suppose to know shit
Well seems you’re bringing your entitlement mentality here too. “Apes” now that’s rich brother. Better quit while you’re ahead. You were considering legal action according to your first post and according to you they “gifted” you the extra batteries and you’re considering suing them? Wow! They should probably gift you another set too. Unbelievable.

So each battery is giving you 65% of rated capacity, but you got 75% more batteries than you paid for, which means you technically are up in total capacity by a little bit.

And maybe those batteries just need the cells balanced anyway.

Last edited:
Well seems you’re bringing your entitlement mentality here too. “Apes” now that’s rich brother. Better quit while you’re ahead. You were considering legal action according to your first post and according to you they “gifted” you the extra batteries and you’re considering suing them? Wow! They should probably gift you another set too. Unbelievable.
Lol

and why are you on this forum , just to stir up things , you showed me your hand , more like the fist of fury , holy man , wow

it was said in one of the posts - Renogy

I think it is the bms , and I have not cut into the batteries just in case they want them all back

One of the cells are probably out of balance

my signature solar battery capacity goes down to 60% in 2-3 months unless I charge it to 100% (for you, that might be 14.6) and _hold it for a few (4) hours_. Otherwise the "BMS" goes wack and goes all over the place and I get barely 50% of the sticker label capacity.

my signature solar battery capacity goes down to 60% in 2-3 months unless I charge it to 100% (for you, that might be 14.6) and _hold it for a few (4) hours_. Otherwise the "BMS" goes wack and goes all over the place and I get barely 50% of the sticker label capacity.
This is always so confusing in the lithium battery videos

will prowse videos mentions charging to 13.8 only , off grid garage mentions 13.4

I charge to 14.2 as the the battery specs say 14.2 to 14.6 , I do a 14.6 charge now and then when I use the Renogy battery charger

it was my understanding that charging to 14.6 for any length of time degrades the cells

and a lot of the charts say anything over 13.6 volts or was 13.4 volts is 100 percent capacity

other than tearing the battery box open and balancing the cells or replacing the bms , what can I do in the mean time

it was my understanding that charging to 14.6 for any length of time degrades the cells

Not sufficiently so to compromise the rated cycles.

and a lot of the charts say anything over 13.6 volts or was 13.4 volts is 100 percent capacity

That's resting voltage.

other than tearing the battery box open and balancing the cells or replacing the bms , what can I do in the mean time

Charge to 14.4V and hold there for 3 days. Conduct discharge capacity test. If you see improvement, it's because the batteries are imbalanced.

It's important that LFP batteries be fully charged on a regular basis to ensure they spend enough time at voltage to keep the cells balanced.

Even Battleborn will go substantially out of balance if this isn't done. That poster recovered from 53Ah to 91Ah by holding the battery at 14.2V for a week.

Not sufficiently so to compromise the rated cycles.

That's resting voltage.

Charge to 14.4V and hold there for 3 days. Conduct discharge capacity test. If you see improvement, it's because the batteries are imbalanced.

It's important that LFP batteries be fully charged on a regular basis to ensure they spend enough time at voltage to keep the cells balanced.

Even Battleborn will go substantially out of balance if this isn't done. That poster recovered from 53Ah to 91Ah by holding the battery at 14.2V for a week.
Hello

the batteries are from my Rv solar system , its down for the count right now with winter

all I have is lifepo4 chargers that charge at 14.6

my good charger that was adjustable kicked the can , waiting for a new control board but don’t think that will fix it

so right now I am stuck with only charger that provide 14.6

not sure what to do

thank you very much for your reply , I will set my charge controller on the Rv to 14.6

i have been a member since nov 2019

but let’s not go there

ape , was in reference to you being inconsiderate of others and not being respectful and considerate and open minded and not using your brain , prone to violence etc , it has several meanings

all you want to do right now is be confrontational , your not contributing to this forum , your using it as a battle ground are you not ? , the one up thing !

how is this of any help on this forum

if you didn’t agree with a free gift warranty issue so be it , my point that got lost was even if it was a gift but defective what responsibility would the company have to me ie , can kill or injure me or my family or damage my equipment or damage any of the other batteries

if you didn’t like the warranty issue fine , move on

what are you trying to gain ? , it’s not respect or humanity or politeness

i have been a member since nov 2019

but let’s not go there

ape , was in reference to you being inconsiderate of others and not being respectful and considerate and open minded and not using your brain , prone to violence etc , it has several meanings

all you want to do right now is be confrontational , your not contributing to this forum , your using it as a battle ground are you not ? , the one up thing !

how is this of any help on this forum

if you didn’t agree with a free gift warranty issue so be it , my point that got lost was even if it was a gift but defective what responsibility would the company have to me ie , can kill or injure me or my family or damage my equipment or damage any of the other batteries

if you didn’t like the warranty issue fine , move on

what are you trying to gain ? , it’s not respect or humanity or politeness
Projection I’ve said my peace as have most of the others on here but by all means continue on.

Are these batteries wired in parallel for “testing” and charging, or are you testing each battery individually?

@Chris vandette

I can't believe the audacity. You cheated the company to warranty 3 batteries that you didn't pay for and now you are complaining that they will not help you. Gee, I wonder why?

The batteries are tested individually after being charged with 14.6 lifepo4 Renogy charger and allowed to rest
What was the tailing current? Did the BMS hit over voltage disconnect?

I’d much rather let each battery sit at 13.5v with 2a for hours on end than shoving 20a at them.

Did you use the same capacity test method when they were new? This would have captured a good baseline to compare.

IMO each testing method is kinda like a HP dyno, each one may get slightly different results but if you use the exact same method, you use it to track changes over time.

Back