diy solar

diy solar

Overkill solar BMS setting to start charging

Move the solar charge controller to the bus bar as well?
Yes. Check out the diagram from @Brett V above.
Only connections to the battery should be the BMS to - and a fuse close to the main + back to the buss bar.
Hope this is understandable. Screenshot_20240513-224944.jpg
I will add a fuse, battery to inverter, correct?
Yes, battery + to fuse to + bus to inverter +.

@ohmboy : With all the great advice above you are in good hands. Your system will soon be running great. 😊 After all these years I still blow up stuff from time to time.
Just to upset the purists among us : I have an 5 amp Heltec balancer permanently connected for the last year or so and the results are evident in the attached photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.png
    IMG_0095.png
    281 KB · Views: 7
@ohmboy : With all the great advice above you are in good hands. Your system will soon be running great. 😊 After all these years I still blow up stuff from time to time.
Just to upset the purists among us : I have an 5 amp Heltec balancer permanently connected for the last year or so and the results are evident in the attached photo.
Yes. Thank you all for your patience and help. My system is now running correctly.

Only connections to the battery should be the BMS to - and a fuse close to the main + back to the buss bar.
Hope this is understandable. View attachment 215238

Hope this is understandable. View attachment 215238

Thank you everyone!!! Made the wiring corrections and the BMS app now shows the charging activity. Next are the fuses.
24v_system_corrected.jpgOverkillSolar_bms_chargingNow.jpg

Back