diy solar

diy solar

Panel Purchase and Second Guessing Myself

hoosierhog88

I did the "pre-order" thing on the https://signaturesolar.com/preorder...ar-panel-black-up-to-495w-with-bifacial-gain/ panels. I purchased twelve, the number I need for my project. Has anyone else placed an order for these or have any familiarity with these panels or manufacturer? I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have ordered something else. Then I notice that I should order more panels than needed as there might be some damage during shipping. Is this a regular 'thing'? If so, I'll probably add a couple to my order in the morning. While it goes against my better judgement to order 'spares' because of possible shipping problems... I would think there would be better options.

Then I notice that I should order more panels than needed as there might be some damage during shipping. Is this a regular 'thing'?

Yes. The best you will get for damaged panels is a refund. Shipping replacements will cost you out the nose. Freight haulers don't give a shit, and SS/other vendors, can't eat the outrageous costs associated with shipping 1-2 replacement panels.

Did you exhaust your local resources? I know Joliet, IL might be a little far but in stock without shipping. So many horror stories with panels being shipped LTL, would always look local.

I did the "pre-order" thing on the https://signaturesolar.com/preorder...ar-panel-black-up-to-495w-with-bifacial-gain/ panels. I purchased twelve, the number I need for my project. Has anyone else placed an order for these or have any familiarity with these panels or manufacturer? I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have ordered something else. Then I notice that I should order more panels than needed as there might be some damage during shipping. Is this a regular 'thing'? If so, I'll probably add a couple to my order in the morning. While it goes against my better judgement to order 'spares' because of possible shipping problems... I would think there would be better options.
I ordered 10 Hyundai 300W panels late last year from them and the packaging was excellent and no damage.

Did you exhaust your local resources? I know Joliet, IL might be a little far but in stock without shipping. So many horror stories with panels being shipped LTL, would always look local.
Good idea. I hadn't considered local (or close to local) sourcing. That might be an option too! Thanks!

Back