diy solar

diy solar

Passive cooling method

valence_electron

So I'm brain storming a method of cooling my lifepo battery bank in my garage (it gets up to 115F in the summer here) and have a few ideas. Im considering burying a spool of copper tubing in the yard about 36" deep and use a pump to cycle coolant through the batteries, my current hurdle I'm working on over coming is a way to spread the heat distribution out across the batteries. I'm using server rack batteries and inside it's prismatic cells with bussing connecting them, there is about 2 inches of room between the top of the cells and the cover of the casing . any suggestions on a non conductive material I can pump the coolant through that is high temp, not going to wear out and start leaking and is also non conductive? Ideally I'd like to affix directly to the bussing connecting the cells, but ive also considered just affixing to the external top cover of the battery. Thoughts, recommendations and suggestions? Yes I've also considered just insulating and cooling the entire garage where the system lives but that would eliminate the fun of engineering a passive system and being able to calculate it's viability.

Back