diy solar

diy solar

Portable 3d printed wind turbines

Do you know what poly carbonate filaments means in 3d printing? Have you ever saw a print machine? Are you questioning the materials used for mechanical devices in the 3d printers? You make mistake after mistake. I forced you to recognize your mistake with my video of the outdoor test of the device because you did not even wanted to mention that you where obsessed thinking that the blades did not have movement and you come again with this statements questioning materials used in this industry? you are so angry and frustrated that I want to forgive this non sense commentaries as a consequence of your bad emotions because otherwise maybe your hole statements in this forum must be put under scrutiny!!!

Hedges inventing excuses about why he mistakes as a consequence of another mistake below,
(Hedges: Your later video clearly showed rotation. Maybe it was something about speed of image sensor in (cellphone camera?) and frame rate, looked to me like turbine was being buffeted back and forth. My mistake.)

There is a physicial reason of why you saw it static and your lack of knowledge pushed you to think that it was not moving.

It is because film is not an image of fluid motion. It is actually a sequence of still photographs, shown one after another 24 times per second (or 30, or 60, on TV and in video, depending on the format). The point is, when you watch a movie, you are seeing pictures in rapid succession one after the other. You brain isn’t capable of perceiving them as individual pictures (like a slide show) when they change that quickly, so it essentially perceives them as a moving image.

When film (or video) camera records a helicopter rotor spinning, it essentially takes 30 pictures every second. The rotor is spinning at very high speed, between 220 and 500 revolutions per minute. This means that the propeller spins between 3 and 8 times every second. Helicopter rotors have either two or four blades. So, a propeller blade passes above the tail of the helicopter up to 30 times per second. So, if the camera records 30 pictures per second, and the propeller rotates at the speed so that a blade will pass above the tail section of the helicopter 30 times in a second, the camera will capture that helicopter propeller in exactly the same position every time it takes a picture. So, if that rotor is spinning at just the right speed, it will appear on film as if it isn’t spinning at all. And if it spins just a bit slower, so that each time the camera takes that picture, the blade is further behind the position of the previous blade above the tail, it will appear as if the propeller is spinning backwards slowly.

You can see the same thing all the time in TV shows on car wheels. As the cars accelerate or slow down, the wheels seem to be rotating in all sorts of directions, and all sorts of speeds that are completely unrelated to the movement of the car. It is the same principle: film is simply a series of still pictures taken at fast succession.

That applies at eyes when viewing an helicopter for example.
Please stop mansplaining the videos, and respond ONLY with real world tests of a functioning setup producing Watts.
I am dangerously close to closing the thread.

Please stop mansplaining the videos, and respond ONLY with real world tests of a functioning setup producing Watts.
I am dangerously close to closing the thread.
I just answered what I considered non sense and I explained why the video will take more time for the tests but there is a little of frustration by some users with no knowledge in this field mixing up their emotions which decrease the cognitive level of the commentaries.

This is my last commentary before I got the tests. Amazon takes time for delivering the charger controller for wind turbines, sorry.

* Last point, it uses DC motors that by the RPM rate you can have a clear idea of the wattage that they can produce and the power was calculated having in consideration the DC motors technical characteristics. I will do the tests of course but multiplying the units by how much each DC motor is able to produce is also an objective data.

Last edited:
How do you know they measure 0.25 Ft?

Diameter 0.25 ft hahahaha, you are a little biased. Get a degree before you put in your mouth the word physics and you are inventing your visualizations Lol
Drag based small wind has a bright future.... and always will. (see what I did there?)

Another one of my favorites

The only drag based turbines that work don't have any data logging

You're right, I'm not a rocket appliancist but I have been around small wind for 30+ years.

During that time I've seen no less than 2 dozen variations of "new, never before done, breaks the laws of physics, blah, blah (sound familiar?)" small turbine designs that without fail crash and burn leaving government grant funding agencies, early adopters and investors holding a pitch book full of pretty concepts, sexy 3D renderings and broken promises.

Unlike you I have the benefit of knowing the quite ugly history of small wind, particularly drag based small wind, which has done nothing but repeat itself. No one has been able to break the laws of physics, it's just a matter of time before you accept that you cannot as well. History says that you and your idea will fade into the either and then a few years from now we will get to go over this with someone new all over again. You guys are like Hydra.

When you return with energy data I will be your biggest cheerleader. Energy is watt hours, not volts, not amps.

Take a peak at this.

Last edited:
I’m letting his post stand, but further posts without output data will have your account removed.
Drag based small wind has a bright future.... and always will. (see what I did there?)

Another one of my favorites

The only drag based turbines that work don't have any data logging

You're right, I'm not a rocket appliancist but I have been around small wind for 30+ years.

During that time I've seen no less than 2 dozen variations of "new, never before done, breaks the laws of physics, blah, blah (sound familiar?)" small turbine designs that without fail crash and burn leaving government grant funding agencies, early adopters and investors holding a pitch book full of pretty concepts, sexy 3D renderings and broken promises.

Unlike you I have the benefit of knowing the quite ugly history of small wind, particularly drag based small wind, which has done nothing but repeat itself. No one has been able to break the laws of physics, it's just a matter of time before you accept that you cannot as well. History says that you and your idea will fade into the either and then a few years from now we will get to go over this with someone new all over again. You guys are like Hydra.

When you return with energy data I will be your biggest cheerleader. Energy is watt hours, not volts, not amps.

Take a peak at this.

Sorry moderator but this one I have to reply it. It does not use normal flat blades, it has a special design for creating a Venturi effect, so when the fluid enters the smaller area it will accelerate transmitting this kinetic energy to the blade itself (There is a pdf done from this university of Munich talking about this issue and the multi stage that again you ignore). We have done several videos comparing a drag flat blade with our design that I can post here if the administrator gives me permission.

This is my last commentary before I got the tests. Amazon takes time for delivering the charger controller for wind turbines, sorry.

You don't even need a charge controller. Just connect a resistive load, of suitable resistance and wattage. Drive down the road with the turbine mounted, record volts/amps/speed. Then you can post a graph of watts vs. airspeed.

You're right, I'm not a rocket appliancist

I, however, are one.

but I have been around small wind for 30+ years.

During that time I've seen no less than 2 dozen variations of "new, never before done, breaks the laws of physics, blah, blah (sound familiar?)"

That experience you have over me.
But we each have our own, and together we will pick it apart until only dry bones are left.

iu

I once saw a web page from a company that created a photovoltaic panel arrangement with electronic gizmo that required less space. In just one square meter, it produced 3000W. They even demonstrated it, with measurements of voltage. And measurements of current.

it has a special design for creating a Venturi effect, so when the fluid enters the smaller area it will accelerate transmitting this kinetic energy to the blade itself (There is a pdf done from this university of Munich talking about this issue and the multi stage that again you ignore). We have done several videos comparing a drag flat blade with our design that I can post here if the administrator gives me permission.

Universities can be the worst sources of misunderstanding of physics.

Giant long posts and no data.

Hard real data is worth way more than 100,000 words of theory. I don't get why you are so resistant to just doing some easy basic tests?

Giant long posts and no data.

Hard real data is worth way more than 100,000 words of theory. I don't get why you are so resistant to just doing some easy basic tests?
it's an attention seeker, just like me.

but he already knows he has nothing to show for.

I am really working hard to eventually show some. perhaps even good ones

Are you affiliated with this company?

or this crowd funded project?

@esposcar Perhaps you missed this in all these posts.

Are you affiliated with the above?

Patent-pending is printed on almost everything. It's not a measure of quality or validity that something actually works. Just an idea and marketing speak.

Hedges inventing excuses about why he mistakes as a consequence of another mistake below,
(Hedges: Your later video clearly showed rotation. Maybe it was something about speed of image sensor in (cellphone camera?) and frame rate, looked to me like turbine was being buffeted back and forth. My mistake.)
Look, we all make mistakes. Even Hedges does sparsely.
This in no way invalidates his input

Back