diy solar

diy solar

Precharging inverter capacitors when using 175amp Anderson power connectors

dougbert

Solar Addict
I have searched the forum but haven't found an answer

I have 175 amp Anderson Power connectors between battery and inverter. Allows for separating battery and inverter for easy transport.

How does one easily perform a precharge prior to connecting the two connectors once again? Very awkward holding 2 wires between the 2 contacts.
un-wiring a leg from the inverter sort of defeats the beauty of the Anderson.

Anyone come up with some type of adapter with the Anderson connectors?

I can’t find it now; but I have seen a photo where someone attached the resistor to a small piece of wood in parallel with a piece of wire the same length. You put that between the connectors (resistor connecting black to black/ wire connecting red to red) to charge the capacitors. This resistor has a hole to connect it to the board. For the wire, glue it or staple it to the wood. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW4VHDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1619070540815.jpeg
Or you could alligator clip one side and then use the resitor on the other side.

thanks, good idea. I have a resistor but hard to hold both + and - in place by hand and insert into 2 connectors.

a rigid jig looks like a good option

As this will be reoccurring issue with multiple batteries and inverters, a simple solution will bear great fruit

So the dc input of the inverter is Anderson connector?
What is the DC Voltage of the inverter?

Back