diy solar

diy solar

Question on JST-XH

Newenough

I want to assemble my own 8s JST-XH balance and extension cables. I've ordered the crimp tool, and sourced the end terminals. However, Im not sure which size crimp ends that go on the wires, that then go into the terminals is. Any help on size/type and a US source for them would be great!

As I understand, all the end terminals fit 18-26 AWG wire. Terminals need to be matched to the type of connector you are useing.

JST-XH is the standard, 8s, so a nine pin male terminal end in this example. I looked through the data sheets from JST (thanks tictag) but did not see the pin info. I'm not trying to do anything exotic here. Just make the same cable that comes with every BMS's, battery monitor, tester, etc.that we talk about all the time...

Timely question, at least it is for me. If I were to buy standard ring terminals for a 24-26 gauge wire, the ring wouldn't fit the M6 bolt on the battery. The smallest ring terminals I have on hand are for 22-18 wire and they still don't fit an M6 bolt/stud.

So are people using fork terminals or are you fudging it with a ring terminal that doesn't go on the stud? In the picture below, it looks like Will didn't put the terminals on the stud. Instead, it looks to be under the bolt head, but it's kind of hard to tell.

screenshot-628_23.png

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, I mean all the pin types, dimensions, part codes and more is on the product page, for example here, or here. I can't imagine what more info you would ever need. Maybe I'm missing something...

No. You're not missing anything. Its just hard to see something if you have never seen it before. I have no knowledge which to corolate the information to. I really appreciate the help, but would also appreciate some patience as well. Thanks again for pointing out the location for the parts. The numbers and a little google found what I needed.

Timely question, at least it is for me. If I were to buy standard ring terminals for a 24-26 gauge wire, the ring wouldn't fit the M6 bolt on the battery.
I buy 24-26 ring terminals for 1/4 " bolts. I didn't know there was a standard size?
In the picture below, it looks like Will didn't put the terminals on the stud. Instead, it looks to be under the bolt head, but it's kind of hard to tell.
It looks like it is under the bolt (philips machine screw). I don't see any studs in that picture

Back