diy solar

diy solar

Recommendation on 48V 16S 50A continuous BMS

Delmar

Solar Addict
Looking to purchase a set of Lishen 272ah cells for my 48V golf cart. Will require a 16S BMS rated 50A continuous when on the inverter, however can handle 150A for 10 seconds when accelerating or climbing hills. Charging is only 8A max.

Bluetooth connectivity would be really cool but not critical. Thank you in advance for your experience.

Last edited:
I am looking at 100ah cells for my golf cart at the moment. How are you calculating 50A continuous?

52 * 50 = 2600w / 746 = 3.5 hp?

I came here looking to ask the same question but assumed I would end up with 100A in 16s2p to allow 200A discharge.

I'm probably over-thinking it because my 1981 EZ-Go Marathon 3 wheel only has a 2hp motor.

Any concerns about the larger cells failing early from getting banged around in the cart?

The only 2 BMS I've heard recommended are overkill and daly and no one seems to actually like the daly.

50A continuous when on the inverter = 2500W/50V. Measured the accelerating amps with my clamp meter.

Yes I have a huge concern about road bumps. And cold operation especially after the Great Houston freeze. Or by brainfarting and my destroying the cells. Primary benefit of FLA as they are fairly dummy-proof as I have proven multiple times.

Back