diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Flexible Panel warranty.

Bigbillsd

Almost 5 years and 50k miles ago I bought 8 Renogy 160w Flexible solar panels to glue down to the roof of my motorhome. This winter I was up on the roof doing some work and noticed one had some de-lamination issues. I called Renogy and created a ticket. They had me upload a few pictures of the panel and a picture of a multi-meter showing volts and amperage. A week later they refunded the full amount for that panel. Fast forward a few weeks, I was replacing that panel and noticed a panel on the other side had a similar issue, but much smaller areas of delamination so was difficult to see from the other side. Created another ticket. Went thru the same process, they authorized a refund (haven't seen this one yet) .
The other 6 panels are still producing the correct voltage and high wattage I expect.
I just thought I would let you all know, Renogy appears to be a customer service oriented organization. The process was much easier than I had expected. Who knew! My 680AH of Renogy LiFePo4 batteries purchased around the same time are also working fine.

I think the issues with those two panels were due to the SikaFlex 252 not curing correctly on the middle of those panels allowing them to move at freeway speeds (a guess). The sikaflex was gooey in the middle, solid around the edges. The other panels seem to be stuck fairly well.

-Bill

Last edited:
Back