diy solar

diy solar

Responsible stewardship of planet Earth

The huge house thing is a result of economics.

You cannot put a reasonable sized house on a $400,000.00 lot. You're then "under-built" and lose your ass if you sell it.
Most areas with nice homes now have zoning requirements in my area you build to requirements of existing homes or you don’t get to build.

Most areas with nice homes now have zoning requirements in my area you build to requirements of existing homes or you don’t get to build.
Zoning, covenants, and HOAs can be insane. I know of places that won't allow pickup tucks to be parked in view of the street, because trucks are unsightly and trashy.

I used to get refilled bottles at a local swap meet as a kid. They were brand name refills in old bottles that were hazy at the wide parts of the bottle from years of use.
Glass Coke bottle and such had return deposit …. got cleaned and reused over and over. I use to use wagon pull down road pick bottles out of ditch wash take to store get money buy gas then cut ppl’s grass with old push mower. Yippie …. Got to get rc cola and baby ruth for work.

Rich kids didn’t do shit. Got an allowance. I have a different way of looking at things then other ppl now. I earned the things got.

Zoning, covenants, and HOAs can be insane. I know of places that won't allow pickup tucks to be parked in view of the street, because trucks are unsightly and trashy.
Exactly why moved out of 1. If your car got old and not perfect paint they would fine you. In other words they wanted everything to look brand new. Hoa ppl would walk around giving out citations. They made exceptions for themselves at times. Screw HOA. Btw section 8 renters figured out ways get those neighbor hoods infiltrated too. The hoa pool turned into the unmanaged ghetto.

Moved again

Glass Coke bottle and such had return deposit …. got cleaned and reused over and over. I use to use wagon pull down road pick bottles out of ditch wash take to store get money buy gas then cut ppl’s grass with old push mower. Yippie …. Got to get rc cola and baby ruth for work.

Rich kids didn’t do shit. Got an allowance. I have a different way of looking at things then other ppl now. I earned the things got.

Exactly why moved out of 1. If your car got old and not perfect paint they would fine you. In other words they wanted everything to look brand new. Hoa ppl would walk around giving out citations. They made exceptions for themselves at times. Screw HOA. Btw section 8 renters figured out ways get those neighbor hoods infiltrated too. The hoa pool turned into the unmanaged ghetto.

Moved again
It seems that being on a large piece of land is best way to improve these aspects of life. The less layers of government one has above them the better off they are as well.

We like buy mandarins in the plastic mesh bag. When the oranges are gone, I rip the label off and twist the net up like I am wringing it out, then tie it into a big double knot. This mesh knot can be used as a scrubber. It works well, it costs nothing, and when done with it it is a much less threatening to the environment. Win win.

I hear that Brother. Paper routes (2) in 4th grade. Digging ditches and cleaning out culverts for the elderly along with mowing their lawns and general handyman work for them at 11 in the 7th grade, and working in a machine shop as the shop sweep in 9th grade... I left that shop as a certified welder along with skills on a south bend lathe and bridgeport mill, both pre CNC. those skills have carried me through life after the military and have kept my family fed now for quite a long time.

nothing hard work and perseverance will not take care of.

We like buy mandarins in the plastic mesh bag. When the oranges are gone, I rip the label off and twist the net up like I am wringing it out, then tie it into a big double knot. This mesh knot can be used as a scrubber. It works well, it costs nothing, and when done with it it is a much less threatening to the environment. Win win.
put a bar of soap in it and hang it from an outside faucet... works great for scrubbing off dirt and grease.

Back