diy solar

diy solar

runnig icecream van on solar

AVC

Trying our best
Has anyone got any good advice on running an ice van on 1100watts of solar through a 3000watt inverter. I am going to fit 4 12volt 200amp lifepo batteries any advice welcome

Get a Kilowatt meter, hook it up to the various freezers and log the usage for each item (try to log at least 24 hours for each device) you intend to power off the batteries. Once you add up the usage numbers, you can determine if you have enough battery. How many days without sun are you planning for? Once the battery bank is sized, you can determine if 1100watts of solar will be enough to recharge the batteries in a day.

Thanks for your reply's will start looking,will be on hook up at times

Has anyone got any good advice on running an ice van on 1100watts of solar through a 3000watt inverter. I am going to fit 4 12volt 200amp lifepo batteries any advice welcome
The only ice cream van I worked on used slab plates in the cold boxes to keep the product cold all day... huge blocks of metal supercooled in place overnight, then allowed to absorb the days heat with its mass...
I haven’t worked on any that ran during the day. So, if yours are like this, your garage could have the solar, and power the freezer to chill the plates...
No?

Back