diy solar

diy solar

Running multiple wired screens with Victron system?

Jonathan86

I haven't gotten it yet, but plan to get Victron stuff and of course the cerbo, but the screens they sell are pretty small. I want to use tablets instead. Plus, I've been told you can't run the Victron screen as far as I need to, which is about 200ft. away from my system. I would like to have a screen right at the system and at least one in my house. Possibly more in future buildings. I see you can wirelessly connect via wifi and bluetooth, but unfortunately that is also not an option for me, at least not without buying more and doing more work, to get it to my house. I see they do have a port specifically for an MFD, but I would rather not waste the money on one of those. The cerbo has one hdmi and three usb-a ports. I'm wondering if it's possible to connect tablets via a wired port to the cerbo, for controlling the system? Has anyone done this? or maybe tried another solution? and how is it working for you using a tablet? Thank you

Set up VRM and you can manage your setup with any device that can load a web page ... phone, tablet, computer.

You can connect to your Cerbo through VRM and get that screen and change your system config as well, as if you are local. But, there is a read-only VRM screen as well, that you can see (and share if you want) without Cerbo console access. Here is mine:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302-105226.png
    Screenshot_20240302-105226.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 7
Is VRM the same thing as the display on the victron screen like this:
View attachment 203568
If you install the Cerbo on your local network you can get that monitor screen with any web browser that can access your local network. But you can only view on one screen at a time.

As cdsolar shows, VRM Dashboard displays the same data in a different format. VRM also lets you control the inverter "on/off/charge" remotely, and lets you adjust grid input amps from the dashboard screen. It is very powerful software.

You can connect to your Cerbo through VRM and get that screen and change your system config as well, as if you are local. But, there is a read-only VRM screen as well, that you can see (and share if you want) without Cerbo console access. Here is mine:
If you install the Cerbo on your local network you can get that monitor screen with any web browser that can access your local network. But you can only view on one screen at a time.

As cdsolar shows, VRM Dashboard displays the same data in a different format. VRM also lets you control the inverter "on/off/charge" remotely, and lets you adjust grid input amps from the dashboard screen. It is very powerful software.
Are you saying you can only control on one tablet/computer at a time? Is it that you have to login to your account to check status or make changes, and if you want to do it on another tablet/computer, then you first have to log out of the first one, to then log into another?

Are you saying you can only control on one tablet/computer at a time? Is it that you have to login to your account to check status or make changes, and if you want to do it on another tablet/computer, then you first have to log out of the first one, to then log into another?
You do not have to log out, but only one screen can be active at a time. You wouldn't want 2 or more people to be making changes at the same time.

You do not have to log out, but only one screen can be active at a time. You wouldn't want 2 or more people to be making changes at the same time.
Ok, agreed, I don't need or want to do that, I just want to be able to have one tablet near my system and another in the house, and other places, and just be able to see the status of my system on every tablet at the same time. That's possible?

Ok, agreed, I don't need or want to do that, I just want to be able to have one tablet near my system and another in the house, and other places, and just be able to see the status of my system on every tablet at the same time. That's possible?
yes.

Back