diy solar

diy solar

Setting up my Off-grid RV - This is what I have done so far, any advice?

TaiPan

I was able to install the pole for the wind turbine in the fall. I will be installing the solar panels on the roof and bringing all the cables to the inside hopefully in the spring.

IMG_1978.jpgIMG_1972.jpgIMG_1974.jpg
IMG_1975.jpg

So far this is what I was able to set up under one of the seats/storages in the dining area. I still need to:

1) install/connect solar panels to the MPPT
2) connect the wind turbine to the PWM.
3) connect the BATTERY-BATTERY to the secondary batteries (ACID) currently installed in the RV and currently connected to the main battery as well.
4) find out where should I install the inverter (Perhaps right beside where it is currently, perhaps on the seating area right against the well, perhaps in one of the compartments right under the current setup... Any recommendations? Not sure how noisy, protected it should be? Its approx 46Kgs, has a fan in the front and one at the back and the manual recommends 30cm clearance.
5) Connect the double phase one to the current grid-in plug, and the second spare for any extra heavy appliance I may want to install (washing machine, AC, space heater, etc..) And install a new 50Amp 2-phase that goes to the inverter and can also charge the batteries if needed.
6) Install fire suppressors, battery heat mats and fan extractor (I bought them but not sure if I need them since I end up installing the batteries inside),
7) 3D Print holders to have in place the different parts and reduce movement/vibration. (Since they are currently just placed above the batteries)

Questions:
1) Any recommendations regarding where to place the inverter?
2) Do you think I need more insulation between the negative wire and the 3 positive terminals in the batteries?
3) Anything else I may be missing, suggestions, recommendations?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT!

My System:
========
SOLAR - 6X Eco-Worthy 195W 12V Monocrystalline
MPPT - Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT Tr 150-Volt 60 amp Solar Charge Controller
WIND - Eco-Worthy 400W Wind Turbine
PWM - Eco-Worthy 20A (For Wind Turbine)
BATTERIES - 4X FlyPower LifePo4 Battery 12v 240Ah
INVERTER - SunGoldPower 24V 6000W (18000W Peak) Pure Sine Wave Split Phase Power Inverter with Charger 60A
BATTERY-BATTERY - Sterling Power - 12V to 24V 70A Pro Batt Ultra
DC-DC - Victron Energy Orion IP20 24/12-Volt 70 amp DC-DC Converter Non-Isolated, High Power
BATTERY SHUNT - Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor
BUSBAR With Mega Fuses - Victron Lynx Power-in [LYN020102000]
0/4 AWG and 2 AWG Wires

do you use the stove.? mines now an inverter closet... im not a baker.

what about putting inverter under the other seat?

1) Any recommendations regarding where to place the inverter?
Ideally, the inverter needs to be as close to the battery bank as practical - The amps flowing on the 12 volt DC side will be 10X more than the amps on the 120 volt AC side, so the cables need to be much larger and the farther away from the battery the inverter is placed, the cables will need to be exponentially larger

Back