diy solar

diy solar

Shunt Setup

Ryujin

Solar Enthusiast
I just hooked up a system yesterday, let it charge yesterday, powered on the inverter today. All seems well, I had a couple questions about setting up my battery monitor correctly.

Its a WonVon/Juntek, I have it wired in the correct direction as the first thing connected to the Battery negative, so all current charging and discharging the batteries should go through it.

I have 4 x 200 AH 12V AGM, wired for 24 V.

Am I correct in setting the AH for 100% full at 400 AH in the settings of the monitor? I figured that the 2 200AH 12V batteries wired in series is still a 200 AH battery, just now 24V instead of 12V. And then having the other 2 in parallel would be additive, thus the 400 AH.

I've read about Peukert's law and needing to set the internal resistance.
I can't seem to reach any settings to enter that, however the display does say Internal resistance 368.25 /mQ
The Data sheet for the batteries says 3.5 mQ.

I also read about zeroing the current. I attempted to do that by disconnecting the SCC and Inverter, but I'm not sure that is the correct way to do it. I'm not sure I have it in me to spend more money for a DC amp meter, all this solar has gone a bit over my expected budget already.

Any insight to JunTek settings or anything else relevant would be awesome. I'm going to continue to keep an eye on the levels as the night progresses, and if either the meter shows using 200AH, or if the Voltage drops below 24.2-22.4 I will probably switch back to the grid for the rest of the night.

Back