diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Sales/Discounts ... do they do this often or is this Really a Sale?

I don't wanna taint your interests, and I'm sure many people will argue with me when they see my post. Against my better judgment if you're considering Sol-Ark, look no further. Signature Solar and EG4 make great reliable batteries, it's probably the hottest-selling item for them. The 18K is a new product, it has bugs, some very significant for other members of the forum (look around for 18K woes). It will probably become a better product with firmware updates and maybe even a hardware revision in the future. In my experience the Sol-Ark line is more polished, the Support one can argue is better than what you'll get from Signature and it works perfectly with the EG4 batteries.

The best news is, recently in the last 60 days (ish) the price has come down on the Sol-Arks, my 15K was $5500 roughly the same as the 18K from EG4 and I would argue given the maturity, software stability, support, and large market of partnerships and compatibility, not to mention good documentation, it's simply a better choice for nearly the same price.
-If you are getting an installer rate on solark/deye the EG4 unit has an installer cost structure too, not apples-to apples

-the 18k will support the Eg4 batteries the best over time, it has tigo monitoring integration now (industry first for hybrid inverter) and total battery shutdown.

-over 1500 EG4 18k systems have been installed since may and it is our most successful inverter ever.

-the 15k has no line balancing when off grid and is 500v vs 600v Pv input for shorter strings.

-you have way more control of the 18kpv than the 15k remote

Last edited:
the free freight sale is worth an additional $400-600 on whole system orders, we have to drive deals end of September and look for things that we can really cut a break on, after working with our freight companies we launched the free freight sale as well as got the huge discounts on panels active
Thanks James!

Idk how often the sales are, but allegedly, per management. If you order at the end of the month you may experience delays in support due to said sales

Also if solar assistant is anywhere in the house it will sneak into the room with the unit and slaughter it during the night...

Just ask SS tech support :)
I’m just visioning a scene where someone is fighting a combative inverter, trying to obtain pictures for the RMA ?

Built into the latest version of Solar Assistant too now ? :devilish::ROFLMAO:
Wait what, I can use SA with my 18k now? Looks like one more thing to cut over. I just need to figure out the whole not having 24v for RSD on pins 5/6 and not being able to upgrade the LCD firmware for some reason, like we were talking about on the other thread.

I just need to figure out the whole not having 24v for RSD on pins 5/6 and not being able to upgrade the LCD firmware for some reason, like we were talking about on the other thread.

24v is an easy fix. @Markus_EG4

As for the LCD update...the thumb drive needs to be formated correctly.

Wait what, I can use SA with my 18k now? Looks like one more thing to cut over. I just need to figure out the whole not having 24v for RSD on pins 5/6 and not being able to upgrade the LCD firmware for some reason, like we were talking about on the other thread.
SA is great with the 18Kpv and its wireless!

24v is an easy fix. @Markus_EG4

As for the LCD update...the thumb drive needs to be formated correctly.

I formatted an 8GB drive as fat32 and then copied the DWIN_SET folder with contents to the root of the USB drive then powered it off and back on. Saw that video as well. I'll either try to re-format and start over, or find another thumb drive.

As far as the 24v fix, I saw the fix that @Quattrohead posted (assuming you're talking about that fix), but for whatever reason, that didn't work for me. The pins coming from the main board also don't have 24v - figured perhaps I needed to enable some setting on the inverter.

For the time being, the only power source to the 18Kpv is battery power - not sure if that has anything to do with it, but figured i'd throw that tidbit in there.

-If you are getting an installer rate on solark/deye the EG4 unit has an installer cost structure too, not apples-to apples

-the 18k will support the Eg4 batteries the best over time.
Best batterie over time?? There are other brands that have been out there a lot longer and They are working fine.
-the 15k has no line balancing when off grid and is 500v vs 600v Pv input for shorter strings.
What do you mean by having no line balancing?
-you have way more control of the 18kpv than the 15k remote
I have used both and that is not even remotely true.
also Sol-Ark has a much better TOU system that does not require a rocket scientist degree to understand it.
lastly you have a lot less TOU slots and lack some of the generator features that the sol-arc has had for ages.

Where is it $5,500?
I don't want anyone to get upset or in trouble, but I got this quote/purchase simply by picking up the phone and calling Greentech. Maybe they were having a sale, or maybe they have better buying power, I dunno, but they were the best price and as I said less than an EG4 18K.

From my understanding they typically sell to solar installers, that is their primary customer, obviously, they will sell directly to consumers if you want to purchase from them. They were such a good deal, that I purchased 3 for some other projects.

1697306332976.png

Best batterie over time?? There are other brands that have been out there a lot longer and They are working fine.
The best support of EG4 batteries over time, I think you missed the point here, Solark is fighting all the time to make our batteries and fortress batteries have comms issues with their inverter due to their “solark” practices
What do you mean by having no line balancing?

Yep, the “15k” trips at 6000w per line on batteries 12k combined, we do 8000w per line 12k combined
I have used both and that is not even remotely true.
also Sol-Ark has a much better TOU system that does not require a rocket scientist degree to understand it.
lastly you have a lot less TOU slots and lack some of the generator features that the sol-arc has had for ages.
I’d need a list here of what features you are referring to in order to rebut, the point was remote control of all these features

Last edited:
I don't want anyone to get upset or in trouble, but I got this quote/purchase simply by picking up the phone and calling Greentech. Maybe they were having a sale, or maybe they have better buying power, I dunno, but they were the best price and as I said less than an EG4 18K.

From my understanding they typically sell to solar installers, that is their primary customer, obviously, they will sell directly to consumers if you want to purchase from them. They were such a good deal, that I purchased 3 for some other projects.

View attachment 172286
-If you called us wanting to buy 4 units at a commercial rate you would be under $4500 all day with battery discount

-we are retail $5099 if bought with our batteries

Back