diy solar

diy solar

Small Air conditioner solved yet? Truck bed popup camper 330 cubic feet.

Dave in AZ

Solar Enthusiast
I've read the first 100 threads that came up using search, can't find answer really. Has the "answer" for the best small airco sufficient for a 330 cubic ft truckbed canopy camper been found yet?

I see a ton of threads for mini splits on small RV, but a pickup truck bed canopy camper is another order of magnitude smaller. Has the "best answer" already been found and discussed here? Small window unit? Small minisplit? Rooftop 14"×14" hole RV airco? I feel I've done some due diligence reading and searching, haven't found a "this is the one!" Thread yet for small mobile van-size or less.

Insulated : Tune M1 camper on 6ft Tacoma, fully insulated tent and camper walls. Not reflectix, 5mm duct insulation with double side foil installed w airgap for decent heat rejection. Roof would be covered with airgapped solar panels if doing airco.

Power: whatever the "best" solution is, would engineer shore power/battery/solar/alternator solution then live within energy budget.
Thx!

Last edited:
I've read the first 100 threads that came up using search, can't find answer really. Has the "answer" for the best small airco sufficient for a 330 cubic ft truckbed canopy camper been found yet?

I see a ton of threads for mini splits on small RV, but a pickup truck bed canopy camper is another order of magnitude smaller. Has the "best answer" already been found and discussed here? Small window unit? Small minisplit? Rooftop 14"×14" hole RV airco? I feel I've done some due diligence reading and searching, haven't found a "this is the one!" Thread yet for small mobile van-size or less.

Insulated : Tune M1 camper on 6ft Tacoma, fully insulated tent and camper walls. Not reflectix, 5mm duct insulation with double side foil installed w airgap for decent heat rejection. Roof would be covered with airgapped solar panels if doing airco.

Power: whatever the "best" solution is, would engineer shore power/battery/solar/alternator solution then live within energy budget.
Thx!
Those 12V and 24V little mini split units with the 12/24V compressors would work good in a small camper shell. Something like this video shows, they make rooftop units also.

Back