diy solar

diy solar

SOK 48V100 losing AH capacity

This is for Steve-S well since you did not ask I watched it charge up and I did not time it but it was a significant amount of time to go from 3650 to 3700mV like minutes which is very many multiples of milliseconds,and this all happened while the BMS was not supposed to be charging according to you in fact I think the charging quit at 3700mV because thats when the BMS when into protect mode.The point is the battery has a problem and if you are an expert like you claim then you would know that .Now please move on to some one who either asks for your help or some one who you think you can help,because you expertise did not diagnose the problem correctly and now everyone that reads this can see that .AND when someone makes a valid point you call that a hostile responce, nice Good luck with that Tude

Last edited:
Thanks I thought that might be the case but did not remember from when I last looked at the parameters and do not have my laptop connected to check actually I had taken a picture of the parameters for the warranty people and yes cell over voltage protect is 3.70V.This is why the battery still charged after 3.65V and should be 3.65V.I also noticed under temperature protect is set at -5 degrees which is not very smart either.And this is also the reason I called for people with SOK batteries because then we get respectable responses from people who have knowledge of SOK batteries

Last edited:
I will add, the SOK Pace BMS only cuts off at 3.7v. It does not cut out at the industry standard of 3.65v.

@HighTechLab Is there a reason for that?
Yes, there are a few simple explanations...but to keep from derailing this thread any further, we should probably start a new thread for that to keep things on topic.

Hi everyone.This is a picture of my new EV grade LF280K cells I bought from Gobel Power charging up for their first time.Notice the high AMPS this baby is taking at almost full charge and notice that the cells are basically balanced.I did not top balance these because Gobel Power website says if you have EV grade cells no need to top balance.Interestingly,my first charge shows that and all my cells came in at about 314AH according to the EVE report from my QR code.I would like to point out that I bought some EVE cells from Docan and cell voltages when charging are all over the place like my SOK 48V100,which my warranty replacement does the same thing after many cycles.lots of OVP, and cell OVP.My Docan cells are a set of 16 cells manufactured over 6 months apart.My Gobel Power cells were manufactured 72Hrs apart,and only about 4 months old when delivered from China and I bought 32 of them. the Ganfeng cells in my SOK 48V100 also have some cells manufactured a few months apart and they are older cells..My final report is my grade A Docan cells are not grade A(not EV grade) maybe grade B(old system naming).My Gobel Power cells are EV grade(thats grade A ++by the old system,better than grade A).The CCP dictated to do away with the grade A,B crap.Your cells are either EV grade or grade B or worse.If you have a PROBLEM with a battery or the cells you buy 1) your cells should be new not a year or more older or even 6 months old for that matter.2) The cells should have been made together like the same week.This means that the GOOP mixture they poured into your cell casing is uniform amonst all the cells you got,it came from the same batch.As much as I hate to admit it,my 280AH EV grade battery you see in the picture with the fancy wheels that will handle almost 600lbs is the cheapest battery I got.It cost less than the SOK48V100 battery and the 100AH batteries I got hanging on the wall in the picture AND it is a whopping 310AH over 3 times the AH of the other batteries.The EVE LF280AH cells from Gobel Power are better quality and will most likely last longer than the other batteries with less maintenence.Also the SOK48V100 battery warranty replacement and my Docan Battery,I fixed them they work good now too,just not as good as this LF280K one I built.Thanks

Attachments

• DSC07677.JPG
    DSC07677.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC07679.JPG
    DSC07679.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 7
Back